Everyone keeps saying it's too much...

ishah2124

Reaction score
I was on another forum and was talking about pumping ect and someone asked me how much my son was feeding...I told them how much he feeds and they said it was too much for a baby that age.

My son is a month old and he drink from 3-6oz at each feeding.
His average feed would be 4-5oz but he has gone up to 6.

Is this not normal?

Sounds normal, I pump about 4oz so guessing that's how much he takes per feed, but all babies are different so don't worry as long as he's growing x

Like sarah says all babies are different, if baby is hungry he is hungry. I felt i was forever feeding my son but he has always been a healthy weight x

Sounds normal to me hunny, Elexia is only 20days old and she is on 5oz's and very soon i think she will want more as she is very nearly draining every bottle I give her x x

That's the beauty of breastfeeding. You don't get obsessed with oz, and "oh I must get that last ounce down him..." baby will suck till he's had enough...

Also you can never express out as much as the baby can get out. So If you express out 4oz, chances are the baby will get more out than that...

That's the beauty of breastfeeding. You don't get obsessed with oz, and "oh I must get that last ounce down him..." baby will suck till he's had enough...

Also you can never express out as much as the baby can get out. So If you express out 4oz, chances are the baby will get more out than that...

You're right with that one. 100%

If you put baby to the boob they will always get more out than a pump anyways, so I would say he's defo getting enough from what you are expressing. Breastmilk isn't as filling as formula either which is way BF babies tend to feed alot more than FF babies in the first few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back