Too much formula...?

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok, so Paige is 4 weeks old now. Shes been on formula for around 3 weeks. I started her off on 3oz, 6 feeds a day and around a week later I moved her up to 4oz as she was draining the bottles dry and wasn't settling very well. Now, Ive dropped her 11pm feed as she was only taking about half an oz as she was basically fast asleep. Because she had gone from 6 to 5 feeds a day I then made the bottles up to 5oz. Now however shes draining every 5oz bottle during the day, but 6oz bottles just seems like too much to be giving to a 4 week old!

I got her weighed on tuesday and she was 7lb 13oz, and Im really pleased with her weight gain. I just wasn't sure if she'd just keep drinking even if she didnt need it if I offered her the 6oz bottle? Anyone else seem to have got themselves a greedy little monkey! :)

If she's drinking it all and still looking for more then up her bottles Hun. x x

Yup, I agree with Lacey's Mummy.
If she's draining them and looking for more, offer more.

yeah id up them and if she stops drinking just move up and down with her! :) she cud be having a growth spurt xx

I would give it a go, she might only have a little bit of the extra ounce xxx

Definitly increase it my daughter started on 5oz from birth and quickly went up and was very very contented all the time if she doesnt drink it you dont have to worry!!!!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back