Paranoid she's eating too much?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I saw a friend today who's baby is almost 11 weeks old and she told me her baby has 5oz of milk 5 times a day. Poppy is 7 weeks and is now on 6oz about 7 times a day :shock:
Can you overfeed a baby? I always leave it until she's obviously hungry before feeding her, I don't just give her it. And we've just had to up her bottles to 6oz because she was still hungry and rooting after 5. I'm paranoid she's having too much and will end up overweight :(

How is her weight gain? Every baby is different remember xx

Last weigh in (at 6 weeks) she was 11lb 1 and a half oz. Think she was on the 75th percentile.

If she's taking the milk and not bringing it back up, then she obviously needs it Lou. I wouldn't worry, she's probably going through a growth spurt.

Brooke is the opposite, it's a struggle to get her to take 5oz per feed as she's really picky in the day and wants to eat 2oz every hour or so, am trying to get her to wait longer but she gets the right arse!

Does Poppy have a dummy? Is she rooting to suck perhaps? Brooke has started to do this in the last couple of days, she's looking to suck but when I give her the bottle she spits it out. I had never offered her a dummy until 2 days ago when she was rooting and it seemed to be that she just wanted to suck for a bit. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back