• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Evening Primrose Oil

I think I'll just stick it up my foof when the time comes...
Don't fancy going into labour with explosive diorrhoea!!! x

What happens to the plastic-y bit though when you stuck it up your floof? Does it dissolve the same as if you swallowed it?

What happens to the plastic-y bit though when you stuck it up your floof? Does it dissolve the same as if you swallowed it?

I assume so, like a suppository lol x

I asked my MW about EPO this morning & she said she hasn't heard anything about taking it in late pregnancy before - she also wasn't sure few weeks ago when I asked about about raspberry leaf tea - she just googles it all when i ask lol. She did say that we can do our own stretch & sweeps though which I thought was a bit dodgy!! Xx

I asked my MW about EPO this morning & she said she hasn't heard anything about taking it in late pregnancy before - she also wasn't sure few weeks ago when I asked about about raspberry leaf tea - she just googles it all when i ask lol. She did say that we can do our own stretch & sweeps though which I thought was a bit dodgy!! Xx

Eech, I'd be worried about poking the wrong things! xx

I'm worried about infection for women if they do do it themselves! Xx

I'm not sitting here with a huge bump so am smiling at this thread! sorry (hoping it will be me soon tho)

I used Evening primrose both orally and up the foof with both pregnancies = yes the whole lot disolves up there and I never used to pierce them. word of advise tho, if you suffer with lots of braxton hicks, sometimes epo can bring them on quite a bit more - so taking it at bedtime then expecting to sleep will not work, ;)

Thanks for the advice! Do you think it actually worked? I'm taking 1000mg morning & then evening at the mo but gonna start inserting soon.

By the way I havent suffered today after taking it so I must have eaten something dodgy yesterday!! Xx

Getting some of this tomorrow I think. Bit nervous about sticking stuff up threre, it won't cause infection will it? I'm prone to thrush and really don't want any itchy lady parts! xx

I don't know :/ I've not caught any infection from it. If anything it smells nice but would deffo recommend lying in bed & inserting & knowing you're not gonna get up for a while. You have to really push it high too. It does seep out a little bit so have a pad on! I'm sure so many women wouldn't do it if it caused infection though, hopefully that reassures you a tad! Xx

Right, so I took 1 orally yesterday morning, and one 'the other way' before bed last night. But... have I done it wrong?!! (How on earth you could do it wrong I don't know!!)

From what I gathered from on here and other google searches, when you put it up there, it tends to dribble out, right? Well, I slept with a pad on, which I usually have to do anyway. Woke up this morning and nothing, nada. Not even usual dc on pad. Now really worried that I've done something wrong!! :lol: I honestly can't think what you can possibly do wrong, it goes in and melts right? I'm scared I'm going to have to fish it out or something :rofl:

It *may* be working though, as my BH and cramps this morning were pretty sore, when usually they're just uncomfortable bordering on mildly painful. Do I just accept that it's doing it's thing up there and will dissolve of its own accord and continue tonight? Or will baby be born alongside some tiny yellow siblings? :shock:

Tell me your experiences of 'dribbling' please!!! xx

I'm sorry I've never used it so have no idea but I literally laughed out loud at 'tiny yellow siblings' lmao!! X

Tiny yellow siblings! :rofl:

There should be no risk of infection as long as you wash your hands thoroughly before. x

I just have this image of 20-odd little capsules spilling out alongside baby cos they haven't dissolved up there! I'd be like a gumball machine!! :rofl: xx

Hahaha!! Well the ones I used from boots first I didn't get any drips at all & now using some thinner ones from tesco in last few days & dribble a bit BUT only really when I get out of bed too soon after putting it in. Bit of a bugger if 10 mins later I need a wee! I really doubt you can do it wrong, just get it up there as high as poss! Xx

Hahaha!! Well the ones I used from boots first I didn't get any drips at all & now using some thinner ones from tesco in last few days & dribble a bit BUT only really when I get out of bed too soon after putting it in. Bit of a bugger if 10 mins later I need a wee! I really doubt you can do it wrong, just get it up there as high as poss! Xx

Phew thanks coco!! It's the Tesco ones I have too, that's ok I feel reassured now. Will being doing it again tonight :)
Have you felt your BH or cramps being any different at all since doing it? xx

I just have this image of 20-odd little capsules spilling out alongside baby cos they haven't dissolved up there! I'd be like a gumball machine!! :rofl: xx

I nearly choked on my snickers!! x

haha! I have an image in my head of a baby followed by a uniform line of small yellow capsules!
If you're a doctor who geek, something like the adipose lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back