Evening Primrose Oil

wannabe.pg

Reaction score
Hi again!

I've heard that taking Evening Primrose Oil can help when TTC so I have gone and got myself a pot so I can say I am literally trying everything, but I just wondered at what time of day is it best to take these, was going to take them with breakfast but thought I would check, just incase I am wrong and its better to take at night or something!

Thanks xx :confused:

Hi

I take 3 tablets in the morning. There is loads of conflicting information on what dosage to take I take 3000mg per day and have seen an increase in my EWCM

Good luck xx

Hi, i have taken in the past an found that it helped - i ran out and forgot to buy more so that is the only reason i stopped.

I am planning on getting some more! I took mine at night no real reason i just remember when getting ready for bed i also took 3000mg!

Just remember only take up unitl ov and then stop!

xx

oh really, didnt know i had to stop!! aarrrggghh!!! so glad i got you guys! Ok, will start taking 3000mg tonight and see what happens...... taking too much wont hurt though will it?

Oh I didn't know you had to stop taking OT post ovulation either! Thanks!

I didn't know it helped at all... Boots here I come :)

just realised the Evening Primrose Oil I bought yesterday is only 300mg per tablet so would have to take 10!!!! Grrrr!! Will hit the shops today and buy a bigger mg tablet!

I only take 1000mg at night and find my eycm is good to go! I took them the cycle I concieved my son and when I concieved my daughter :)

I also took them at the end of my pregnancy from around 37 weeks and also insert them up to melt against the cervix as it is meant to help soften and ripen the cervix for birth.

They do cause uterine contractions which is why you need to stop taking them at ovulation otherwise it may stop little beanie implanting :)

very important NOT to take them after you ovulate!!!!

well i may nip out and get some of these myself...i have very little EWCM sometimes none at all.

Ive been ttc for 2 years and i'm still learning!x

Other than this and folic acid, are there any other supplements you should or shouldnt be taking when TTC?

Other than this and folic acid, are there any other supplements you should or shouldnt be taking when TTC?

do you ov regularly and have regular cycles within normal timescales? as soy isoflavins can help with that - and you take it the same as clomid, for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle.

Zinc is also a good one for both yourself and your OH

Vitamin E - this is usually put in with the evening primrose oil so check your packet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back