Evelyn

I only know it as Ever-lyn, have never thought it could be pronounced Eve-Lynn too, but I like it!! Actually thinking about it I'd prefer Eve-Lynn to Ever-Lynn.. :)

I would automatically pronounce it Ever-lynn (beautiful name) we are team blue but if a girl was going to be Evangeline (Evie) :) xxx

Funny reading the responses here as to me Evelyn is "Evv-Lynn" my whole life and i have never met anyone who calls themselves "ever-lynn" x

Same as above. I would say Eve-Lynn. I've only ever heard it pronounced ever-Lynn on America sitcoms. X

Hmm I think it's hard to write/read people's accents - Maybe Ever-Lynn is the wrong way to write it as it sounds like too much emphasis on the 'er'? - I 'd say it like Ev-u-lynn ... :lol: xxx

There are two Evelyn's at our school. One pronounced ever lynn and the other pronounced eve Lynn.

The Eve pronunciation is more naturally shortened to Evie than the other. I think it sounds prettier this way

My surname is Eveleigh and it drives me nuts when people pronounce is eve-er-leigh

There is no R in my naaaame. Lol
So id pronounce Evelyn as Eve-Lynn :) xxx

The way I say it out loud is more like Ev-a-lynn but it's closer to Ever-Lynn than Eve-Lynn in your examples. Wouldn't choose it though as I'm not a fan of Evie xx

It was my granny's name and she pronounced it Eve-lyn. Have met a few babies recently called Evelyn and they've all been Eve-lyns too.

It's my aunts name same spelling and we say ev-ah-Lynn x

Id be inclined to spell it differently then
Eve will likely be pronounced as in xmas eve until its followed by lyn in which case it may aswell be evlyn
But for it to keep the eve sound... Maybe Eivlyn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back