How to Add a Middle Name?

Tasha89

Reaction score
Hey guys!

When Evelyn was born we struggled to find a middle name. I wanted one that meant something to our family but didn't want to cause a rift or upset anyone.
We like Marie as a middle name after OH's Mum but thought my Mum would be upset so left it out and she's just Evelyn Moss.
Anyway, i've been sat here pondering and I like the sound of Evelyn Christine-Marie Moss - therefore including both mine and OH's Mums names :D

Problem is, i've already got Evelyn's birth certificate as Evelyn Moss... Does anyonw know how easy is it to add a middle name (legally)? I'm just wondering, if it's too much of a farce i'll just leave it.

Thanks x

i dont think its a problem as when we re-registered Noa they asked if there was any changes to his name :hugs:

How do you go about re-registering them hun and is there a fee? x

Last edited:
Right, we've narrowed it down now! Lol! My mum was christened Christine Julie but everyone's known her as Julie forever so it'll either be:
Evelyn Julie-Marie Moss, or just
Evelyn Marie Moss
We prefer Evelyn Marie but don't want my mum feeling left out...what would you do guys?x

i dont know why but i kinda like julie-marie lol nice ring to it x

Julie Marie does have a nice ring to it, have you spoken to your mum tho about this? see what she thinks?
what if you have another girl later on, you could use her name then?

i like julie marie aswell

we just rang n made an appointment, we paid £3 for the certificat that was it x

but we reregestered for adding Demba as a father, not to change name so i dont know but they did ask us when we sat there so i assume it wont be a problem x

I don't know what we're doing! lol!

My Mum said she'll have the next one if it's a girl and if we have a boy then we'd just give him her brother's name (he passed before I was born).

So I THINK that it's going to be Evelyn Marie Moss...

It's only the cost of a new certificate to change it which is what, £3.50?

Got some serious thinking to do lol! Thanks for your help ladies!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back