Ethans strange illness(long)

yummymum

Reaction score
A bit of background Ethan is fully potty trained rarely as acciedents sleeps 7:30 while 5am to 6am eats welll the reason i am writing this is so i can print i can copy it and print it off to show doctor as he is so up and down and seems fine whenever i take him or think right i am taking him he picks up what worrys me is its not normal for a 3 yr old to limp have achy knees and headache for 5 days so far

since Monday evening and I just want to keep a little dairy of events and have opinions if anybody as any

Monday he went to preschool fine came home fell asleep in his tea at 5pm strange for him woke him bathed him put him in pj,s and took temp it was 40.1 but he just seemed sleepy.

Tuesday woke at 8 very strange up at 5~6 normally seemed quiet but nothing i could pin my finger on so sent him to preschool told them to ring me if they neeeded ...came home normal time had barely touched his lunch didnt eat tea was very quiet bathed and pj,d him his temp was 38.4 slept all night til 7

Wenesday refused breakfast went preschool ate not much lunch was very quiet had 4 wee acciedents from 3pm til 6:30 didnt eat his tea had temp of 37

Thursday Ethan seemed fine all day apart from urgentcy in needin to wee had 5 acciedents throughout the day and temp was 40.9 at bedtime

Friday took ethan to doctors and as kids are he was bright and breezy with no temp:roll: and I explained that whenever he was ill and i asked what was up he said his head hurts and his knees now a 3 yr old with achey knees doesnt sound right also a headache for 4 days sounds wrong but she said she doubted it was a urine infection and needed a sample before treating for one but as Ethan no way would wee in the bottle there was nothing she could do

so Friday he seemed fine until bedtime he was screaming in bed sayin his head and knee hurts so capol and ibrophen given as it as been given most of week he was up and down all night temp was between 38.5 and 41.0

Saturday he wakes up bright and breezy so we go shopping as planned while out he was limping and could barely walked then fell asleep at the table his temp was 41.5 i gave calpol he slept 1 hr woke and was still off it until about 5pm now if i had been near home i would of rang out of hrs docs but the train was cancelled and the normal 40 min 1 train 1 bus took us nearly 3 hrs :wall2: and by time i got him home he is fine with a temp of 37.6

It could be a urine infection hun , Katie has had loads due to her Kidney reflux. WTF didn't the dr give you a collection bag for his sample :wall: They bloody well have them but rarely give them out :roll: They tape around down below and they collect the wee, you can even put a pair of pull ups over them.

Temps like these tbh I'd be wating until it spikes then taking him to A&E :(

The headache and weakness could be due to dehydration which the temps could induce

Lastly :hug:

Thanks yes I have decided next time not to treat temp with calpol which was only advice doc gave and take him to A&E to be seen while he is at his worst ~ Today In Nando,s was awful first he fell over he just couldnt walk :( fell asleep on head on table then didnt flinch when i moved him to lily,s pram normally if i tried this he would scream we left to come home and it all went wrong and by time we was on the train he was right as rain ...he is so up and down I think best next attack of temp and being ill he will be at A&E xx

That will be the temp hun :(

One of my girls was walking around, looked very pale and off colour and was weak. My mum was in hospital at the time and we were visiting, my daughter just passed out while standing :(

Turned out she had pneumonia :(

So Temp spikes, straight to A&E; poor lil man :hug: & Mummy :hug:

Thanks , I will be taking him as i am so worried and the doctor didnt seem bothered at all , he goes down hill fast but then back up again x

Poor lil man, the wee'ing thing sounds like an urine infection. Katie always goes off her food and can go up/down.

Let us know how he goes hun :hug:

Thanks , His wee though was only strange 2 days out of the 6 days he as been ill I wondered if just being ill had made him have his accidents

awk i hope he gets better soon xx

theres nothing worse than not knowing whats wrong with them when they are sick but i hope you find out soon xx

Poor little fella - I hope you get it resolved and that he is better very soon - let us know how he goes xx

Thanks today he is great full of beans but most of week he as been in a morning its as the day progresses x

Today all was good no temp no moaning no weeing acciedents still off his food .... went to bed at 7 by 9:30 he was screaming bcos his head was hurting :( I hate seeing my little man in pain and all these headaches cant be good

Did you take him to the dr's hun?

There was no appts never is on a monday he as been fine today *Touches wood* I am there wenesday as is Lily I will make them fit him in with us if they cant get me an appt tomorrow x

Good luck for today, hope you get some answers x

She seems to think that while he was genuinelly under the weather now its an attention thing as he says his head hurts and his knees but as no temp but if he is still complaining in a wk to take him back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back