ERPC 7 weeks ago and no period.

*lizz*

Reaction score
hi all, i had a missed miscarriage in june at 8 wks but didnt find out until my 12wk scan and had to have an ERPC cuz things were'nt happening naturally. i bled for 2 weeks after that. the aftercare leaflet i was given says to expect my next period any time within the next 6 weeks from having the ERPC. the dr told us it is better to wait until after having your first period until you try again because it makes it easier to date the pregnancy. so we haven't necessarily been trying, but we also havent used any contraception and we have had sex quite a bit within those 6 weeks as i recovered physically very quickly (not so much mentally though as baby will always be missed). its now 7 weeks on from the ERPC and still no period. i bled very lightly for 1 day about 3 weeks ago and the past week or so i've been getting back ache and cramps and cant stop peeing. is there a chance i COULD be pregnant? i dont know when to do a test as i have no idea if it'd be too soon to tell or not!
has anyone been through similar? any advice or help would be welcomed.
-lizz :?

if you have unprotected sex then there's always a chance, only doing a test will tell you if you are.

Sorry about your m/c and good luck for your next bean :hug:

There is a chance hun, only a test will tell you for sure :hug: :hug:

yep it'd be worth testing i remember when i had my mmc a very similar thing happened to me and it took me 6 weeks to get my af so there is a chance you could get your bfp good luck and i hope its what you want :hug:

thanks for your replies. i'm gonna take a test when my friend is back from holiday cuz i need the moral support incase i'm disappointed. will keep u posted :)

quite frustrated this morning. did a hpt as soon as i got up and it was bfn :(
i phoned my mum and told her and she's now convinced i must've got an infection as "if the test says you're not pregnant why else would you be late unless you've got an infection dear". but i dont feel like i've got an infection. i also dont feel as if i'm about to get my af though as i usually get bad pmt, spots and start to get cramps 1 day before i come on. but instead i've had back ache and cramps for a couple of weeks now, still cant stop peeing and (sorry if tmi) i'm constipated...all things i've had when i've been preg before. so now i'm baffled, i dunno whether it is jst too soon to tell with a test or if my body is still settling down. if i still dont get my af within 1 wk from now i'm doing another test and going to the drs.
i jst want my body to be back to normal and know whats going on rather than all this confusion, its wearing me out! :(

:hug: :hug: its so fustrating isn't it however i looked back to my mc support leaflet it can take up to 8 weeks to come so hang in there :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i hope ur preg tho it'd be so nice :hug: :hug:

well i got my af this morning and what a bummer! at least i know where i am with it all now and can start trying properly this month :D
this is the period from hell though!-i could barely get out of bed for the pain this morning! :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: it's common for the first af to be quite heavey mine was, good luck this cycle :D

Awww sorry about your m/c. Hope your not suffering too much with AF and good luck ttc :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks 4 they support guys. will be putting myself on oct testing thread as next af due end of sept/beginning of oct.
had a nice long hot soak in the bath this eve and feel a bit better :D
xxx

Hi Lizz, good luck :hug: Sometimes it's just nice to know where we are in our cycle so we can start afresh :hug:
I'm laughing abit at your mums logic though about if af is late then it's an infection!! Mums eh?! :wink:

:hug:

my mum is a bit of an odd one it has to be said lol i think she was jst worried cuz of the operation
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back