Eptopic pregnancy

Jessjay13

Reaction score
Hi girls, 3 months ago on Wednesday 5th June I had an ectopic pregnancy on my left side which lead to an operation to remove both my baby and my left Fallopian tube. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any indication as to what my chances of conceiving again are? Also if anyone has actually got pregnant after going through this?
Thank you x

Hey hun,
Sorry to hear what you went through. I had a suspect ectopic in june, turned out to be a 'straightforward' miscarriage but during those days of limbo i was so stressed about the what ifs.

I have read on here of pregnancy after one of the tubes were removed but not 100% where i saw it. Post this same thread in the 'coping with miscarriage and loss' section or 'pregnancy after loss' or maybe 'trying to conceive' (or all 3!) and hopefully you'll get some answers xxx

Hey Lou,

I am new to this site and i am not sure how i post under different forums, Can you help? xxx

Sorry hun just seen this, u just go into the different sections and click 'new thread' xxx

Hiya hun, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I have moved your thread for you to our 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' section of the forum. I hope some of the ladies in there will be able to help xx

hi Hun, sorry you had to go through such a terrible time.i had an ectopic in feb and lost my right tube and got pregnant 5 months later.unfortunately this pregnancy was also ectopic and resulted in 2 more surgeries.i know i had some really bad luck, but there is a fantastic chance you will get pregnant again.i wish you all the luck in the world x

My sister had an ectopic and went on to have a baby girl and then got diagnosed with bad endometriosis and told she probably wouldn't need contraception because she was infertile... One tube and bad endo wasn't great news... She's just found out she's pregnant again and the hospital are gobsmacked she's just having loads of tests to make sure babies in right place but all is looking good... Chin up hun miracles do happen all the time!!!

Very sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. How you doing? My friend had one of her fallopian tubes removed many years ago (long before she was ready to have children) and she told me at the time that the doctors had said that the other tube could compensate for the removed one so her chances of conceiving were the same. She has since given birth to a healthy little boy and girl. She's not the only person I've known who has been told the same thing, so unless you have additional conditions, I'd stay positive about your chances of conceiving again in the future.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year, but it was successfully treated with methotrexate rather than surgery. I've had 2 normal pg since (although one of them mc, it was in the right place...)

One of my besties had an ectopic and tube removed, and she had a normal pregnancy and baby afterwards. I don't think you are at that much disadvantage with one tube from what I read when I had mine.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back