Epic length hospital moan lol!

Cyprus08

Reaction score
Ive been having alot of pain in my right side from being around 6 weeks. Went to see my GP this morning and she was concerned that it could be the baby or perhaps my appendix and my bp was right up. There was nothing in my urine to suggest a uti so she wanted me checking over to find out what the pain was, mssu sending, scan etc. She called the hospital, gave me a letter and my sample and told me to go to the surgical assessment unit and I would be seen by the surgical SHO there. Finally found the right ward, told the receptionist why we were there and was shown to a bed space and asked to wait. 15 minutes later, same receptionist came back and said she was sorry, she remembered the phone call that morning now and that I was actually suppost to be in the Early Pregnancy Unit.

Off we went, finally managed to find the EPU, gave the midwife my letter an was told, "it says surgical assessment on here", "yes, we've just been there and they told us to come here". "Well there's nothing we can do, we're a nurse led clinic and we're closed for lunch - whats the matter? Pain? Bleeding?". At this point I just looked at my hubby, I was tired, hungry, worried and felt like I was about to burst into tears lol!. She then grabbed the appointments book, "the only thing I can do is make you an appointment and you can see were fully booked for today". Thats my name down there though", "oh right, well we told the doctor to tell you to come at 4:30pm (it was then 1pm), theres no sonographers here, were closed for lunch". After explaining that I wasnt told about an appointment time, she told me to go away until 1:45pm and then go back and they would see if they could squeeze me in before the start of the clinic. I got to the ward entrance and burst into tears. I understand that they're busy but just felt like a huge inconvenince, she made me feel about 3 years old and considering they are supposed to be taking care of us, she didn't even ask my name! :shock:

We went back, and they sent me for a scan. The sonographer just sat in total silence for what felt like ages. I kept looking between her and my hubby and finally she said, "oh baby's fine Im just taking some measurements", like she had just remembered we were in the room lol! The great news is that we saw our precious little one, just one baby, jumping about with a strong heart beat!! :dance: I didnt get a piccie and she said she wouldnt give me a date as he/she was measuring just under 11 weeks and she said it would be more accurate at my dating scan on the 14th.

I was then sent home, nobody asked about the pain in my side, took a sample to send off, re checked my bp, nothing. To be honest I was that relieved that little one was fine, I just wanted to get out lol!!

Sorry for the epic moan!!! Just needed to vent abit of stress lol xxx

god some epus are just awfull rnt they i have never had a bad experience as yet at mine and ours is attatched to the womans health ward thats were i went to have my mc &dnc but they are lovely and realy look after u, i hate places that dont seem to give a shit, but i am glad u got a scan and that u seen ur baba and all is well xxxx

glad all is ok, what a rubbish time you had x

That's great news that everything was all good! :) I was sent for a few scans also due to pain on one side but they never found anything to be causing the pain. Just growing I guess.

Not long unti you are 12 weeks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back