Told our families this weekend

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
Yesterday we went to see OH's family and first told the news to his mum and dad (they divorced but met up with them both at a pub for lunch), and they were both extremely happy. His mum was crying and there was lots of hugging. They both already had thier suspicions so it was a total shock. We saw OH's mum last week and she said she defo knew from then cos I looked so pale and she could 'see' I was. Then told his nan, grandad, aunt, uncle and cousin (his mums side) and they all 'knew' too and are really happy for us. Today we told my side of the family. Popped into my sister's work first as it was on the way to mums, I said I've got a new name for her 'auntie' and showed her the scan pics (she got a 2 year old daughter so first time as an auntie). She just stood there looking at them with a shocked look on her face. She said her heart was going really fast and she was shaking, bless her. She then text me later to tell me she was feeding one of the residents (she works in a care home) and she was crying with happiness. Went to my parents next and said to them that we are getting our dog a new playmate, and gave her the scan pic. Mum said 'what the hell is that' :rotfl: . She thought we meant a puppy. Then she was cuddling me jumping up and down, then she shouted my dad who was cooking dinner and he just said OMG I gotta sit down :rotfl: . Finally I phoned my oldest sister (she lives too far away to tell in person :( ), and I said guess what you're gonna be an auntie, again. I put my phone on loud speaker and she was just squealing 'OMG, OMG, OMG', she's very pleased too and suprised.

Funny thing is, I thought my family had cottoned on ages ago, but they had no idea, and OH's family had their suspicions and we didn't think they'd figure it out. OH just told me that the last time we went to see his family 3 weeks ago his cousin's girlfriend later asked his cousin if I was PG, and that was the first time I met her :lol: .

Sorry for rambling on a bit, hope I didn't bore anyone :D

Awww Glad it all went wel :hug:
I remember tellin everyone i was pregnant it was scary :oops: :lol:

Aw brilliant hun, glad it all went so well for you, you'll have babytalk coming out your ears now its just great
:hug: :hug: :hug:

How fabulous!!

We only just told our family (well apart from the FIL but I'm not going into that again :lol: ) and I told my mum and dad by sending them a card from my daughter with a picture of my scan in. They haven't said anything yet...! I'm not close to my parents really but your story makes me wish I was.

What a gorgeous story! :D

Aww that's lovely, it's the best feeling in the world when you get to tell people isn't it?

Well done for keeping it quiet for so long, I couldn't wait to spill the beans :oops:

It was hard keeping it a secret at first but it got easier the longer we kept it. Everyone is telling me I'm gonna be huge :D , I hope not too big as I'm only 5 foot nothing tall I don't wanna be as wide as I am tall.

Monster munch - sorry you not that close to your family :( must be horrible not having their support :hug:

I can't wait to tell my family. Im a little worried about telling my SIL as she can't have children although i know she will be happy for us both x x x

awww thats so lovely hun. bet you're even more excited now!!!!! :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back