I need to Moan!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Im so sorry but just feel like I have to moan about my mother, who I love dearly but ever since I moved to France has been odd with me, and makes me know everytime I speak to her how she feels about the situation.

She realises this is my life, but as Im an only child myself, and she isnt in a happy marriage, she tends to dwell on me too much!!

I told her last week that I was pregnant, and first thing out of her mouth was "well its not great timing is it?" She is right in a way as our house sale in the UK has just fallen through which means that life here in France is a little tight at the moment, but still not for her to say.

I then told her when the baby would be due (end of Jan/Beg of Feb)and her reaction was "well its going to be far too cold then". We are renovating a huge property over here and to be honest last Winter wasnt that warm...but we coped, and of course we will ensure the bedroom etc is as warm as possible for the baby!

She just didnt seem very happy for me when I told her I was pregnant and just called her again a few minutes ago and asked her why she wasnt thrilled with the news, in which to be told - "well its great news for you, but not great news for me as Ill never see it"...........to which I told her she was being selfish, and then she told me I am being selfish for living in France!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im 34 years old, and lived away from home since I was 18, have travelled the world with my jobs over the years, and DH and I decided to come to France for a beter way of life (having spent over 15 years in IT back in the UK)....... I just wish my mother could be happy for me!!

Apart from packing my bags and moving back to the UK (which I wont be doing) I dont know how I am ever going to resolve this situation.

Sorry girls rant over I just needed to get it off my chest :(

Aw thats not good... Im sure your mum will come round to the idea though, eventually.. i'm sure she'll realise that it is selfish to expect you to come back home etc..
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh gosh thats not fair of your mum! :hug: Try not to let her get to you! You have made the right choice for you, your hubby and your child!

oh wow, for a moment there it felt like i knew that situation, i moved out here to Canada and left family behind in England, my parents have a huge barn renovation going on in france also in st Iree (sp?) when i fell pregnant with baby 2 she was NOT impressed to say the least (i sadly miscarried) but she was too being selfish saying well i wont even get to see him/her and you have already taken my only grandchild. she felt really heartbroken too, but she came around so quickly and now shes flying over next week and is extatic shes going to be a nana again. hopefully your mum will be ok give her time :hug:

oh wow, for a moment there it felt like i knew that situation, i moved out here to Canada and left family behind in England, my parents have a huge barn renovation going on in france also in st Iree (sp?) when i fell pregnant with baby 2 she was NOT impressed to say the least (i sadly miscarried) but she was too being selfish saying well i wont even get to see him/her and you have already taken my only grandchild. she felt really heartbroken too, but she came around so quickly and now shes flying over next week and is extatic shes going to be a nana again. hopefully your mum will be ok give her time :hug:

moan away girl, im having a really hard time with my mil at the moment she really is being a bitch to me and my husband she was lovely at first but for some reason has suddely turned on me and i really have no idea why.
You need to do what makes you and your own little family there with you happy, im not saying forget your mum but dont let her get to you. :hug:

moan away girl, im having a really hard time with my mil at the moment she really is being a bitch to me and my husband she was lovely at first but for some reason has suddely turned on me and i really have no idea why.
You need to do what makes you and your own little family there with you happy, im not saying forget your mum but dont let her get to you. :hug:

Well same here hun so dont worry about it.

Amy moved to the UK from Poland in April. Her mum didnt want her to come here. She dislikes me intensely despite the fact that I have been nothing but nice to her.

Amy and I are not married though we were planning to get married in December. Now Amy wants to wait cos she is worried about looking 'fat'. She has become pregnant first month off the pill. Perhaps a bit stupidly we thought it would take longer for her to get pregnant. But its life and we deal with it and move on.

So...told her mum and she was like "Oh how embarressing for me! You're not even married. Well at least in the UK you can get an abortion. That way there will be no shame." I've never ever hit a woman in my life, but I swear if she'd have been here I'd have wanted to put her on her arse. I was absolutely livid.

My parents never forgave me for splitting up with my daughters mother. They dont even want to know Amy or our child. Well its their loss though I cant help feeling hurt about it. So, neither of us has family to help us. And to top it all work is really bad for me right now.

We can choose our friends but we cant choose our relatives eh. Thats my moan done too rofl. Go on lets all have a moan :p

Thanks everyone, and although not good for others in my situation, its great to know Im not the only one dealing with such issues.....

I keep telling my mother Im only in France, not on the other side of the world.....but she wont listen!!

Parents can be quite horrid sometimes, and Im determined to be a lovely mum :D .

Spelbound - Amy's mum sounds an absolute nightmare and real feel for you both!

Thanks so much for listening to my moans, Im really grateful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back