England Footie

Misslarue

Reaction score
I know most of you won't care :wink:
But I'm gutted England are out of the Euro's before they've even begun. First time we haven't qualified for euro/world cup since 1994.

I guess the only good thing, at least McClaren will be sacked now :cheer:
.............and I got to see beckhams sexy legs one more time!

I felt sorry for the goalie... he should never have made the team. Why not test him out in a friendly or something?? not a vital match :roll:

Urchin said:
I felt sorry for the goalie... he should never have made the team. Why not test him out in a friendly or something?? not a vital match :roll:

:clap: Completely agree. I am a Spurs supporter so I would always pick Robinson! Carson was a joke. No idea why Mcclaren changed goalie and formation. I've wanted him out since he was appointed. The next couple of days should be good :D

We played terrible the first half, no denying it.

Melanie said:
It was bloody appalling!

Did they have it on in Hungary Mel? (bbc?)

I remember watching the last Euro games in a dodgy bar in Hong kong at 3am!! :rotfl:

It's especially gutting when 2-0 down then manage to equalise which meant we were thru - then BAM.... out again :(

Did anyone else wonder why Israel were playing in the EUROPEAN qualifiers?

What's that about? :think:

i wondered that
and i am a blonde so didnt say anything in case id missed it lol

I am gutted.. I enjoy big tournaments... On the upside... I dont have to organise my summer holidays around the football :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

mummykay said:
Misslarue said:
.............and I got to see beckhams sexy legs one more time!

and wasnt it lush lol!!! :wink: :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: mummykay you're my sort of girl!! :rotfl:
If he was my husband he would never leave the house!!

Urchin said:

I've always wondered that :think: :think:
Is it political?

what was mclaren thinking putting on a 1 cap goalie... why didn't he change him to robinson at half time? seems as though becks was the only one with his heart in it.... they should have put defoe on 1st thing with crouch also.... crap manager = no qualifying..... and why in the hell did he play lampard and not hargreaves?
I had to stay at home and watch i'm a celebrity while DH went to our local to watch the match... I don't think my BP would have stood up to the match.. i do get quite involved..... oh well... will look forward to the National Cup and Utd winning the premiership again hehehehe :) i got my LO an england strip.. guess he/she won't be needing that now LOL.. oh well

Me and Oh are devastated.

Sack that pillock Mclaren and get Moriniho in - i dint care that hes not english - hes a top rate manager who knows football stratergy inside and out!

I hope they dont put anyone like tony adams in charge because although hes a great ex footballer - hes not a manager.

i hope LA galaxy come to their senses and don't take on mclaren.. he will ruin it for them also..... i've been rooting for him to be sacked ever since he decided to leave becks out of the squad...... I so wanted becks to score a last minute goal and shove it in mclarens face... (i saved your backside) LOL..... i do hope they let becks play in the national cup for a few matches so he can get his 100th cap.... he deserves it....
I think we need someone like stuart pearce (seems to be doing well with the under 21's) or alex fergie..... - why in the hell didn't mclaren call up walcott as hes been doing well for arsenal... i think he's been there to sabotage our chances since day way..... grrrrrrrrrrrr... so wound up...

Misslarue said:
Urchin said:

I've always wondered that :think: :think:
Is it political?

It is really. In their own continent they are pretty much isolated from many countries and they have as a national team participated in most continental qualifiers, before ending up in Europe in 1994. They also have Israeli clubs play in European compititions since before then.

And my thoughts on England losing... they came back from 2-0 down but tbh, it was a shambles, as has been most of this qualifying. I've come to the conclusion we have some talented individuals and some with amazing work ethic, but alas as a team they are overpaid underachievers. We treat our footballers like gods almost and lets face it they've not won a major tournament since 66. They get paid extortionate amounts and while a few clubs may gain huge rewards in Europe and in the league here, its a rotten set up that needs revising throughly.

We also need to look at continental football and ask ourselves how it is they can play with a different formation, different style and be consistent and actually win things. Excusing ourselves saying thats how English football is played doesn't mean it will fare well when facing opponents who play differently. England never seen to perform consistently at the highest level (at least in more recent years), and in this instance in the qualifying England left themselves too much to do.

what an a hole..... i heard ferdinand was on the bench and so was terry..... why? what was the point ... ferdinand was suspended and terry injured..... grrrrrrrrrrrr he takes off a goalie thats made a few mistakes (not many) probably making him feel like its his fault we lost all the other matches..... Robinson should have started... so should have becks (brought w.philips on later) ... hargreaves should have played and why did he play that guy from everton instead of wes brown? how can he call himself a manager when these choices were obvious.. u don't go being a risk taker on such an important match......

Misslarue said:
Melanie said:
It was bloody appalling!

Did they have it on in Hungary Mel? (bbc?)

I remember watching the last Euro games in a dodgy bar in Hong kong at 3am!! :rotfl:

I was going to go watch it in Caledonia (its a Scottish bar my friends own) but i didnt think i could stand the shame if we lost so I watched it at home with Hungarian commentary lol. I have English sky but the BBC and ITV channels dont beam here unless you have a dish the size of a NASA satellite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back