encounter today

trixipaws

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im not a snob or anything, but omg i had a mini panic attack today when a manky-looking alcoholic touched my baby!
she was only being nice, she was cooing over millie in the pushchair as i stood in the post office queue and the woman came out; she held her hand and wiggled it. my heart was racing inside i was just thinking "noooooo!" coz she looked like she might lose her balance and fall onto millie plus her hand was FILTHY and bizarrely swollen like a blown-up washing up glove, her fingers were like cumberland sausages (her hair looked like u could fry an egg on it and she had a face like oliver reed as well)
i dont think i wouldve minded if it were an old dear or a pretty lady (or hot guy hehe) but i just got an ocd attack and went into boots for some of that soap-free rubbing alcohol hand cleaner coz i was worried about germs.
am i a freak or would any of u wigged out? aww i feel like a bitch now coz the lady was nice and meant no harm

i would have been the same hun i carry a little bottle of the wash stuff in my bag :oops:

I am the same! When Danny was 3!!! weeks old, we had to move, and the bloke, who was packing our stuff saw him sleeping!!! in his crib and I didnt manage to blink, as he was touching his face!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: with filthy fingers (he had dirt under his fingernails)! I was in complete shock! I couldnt be rude to him, cos he was packing us, so I politely told him Daniel is sleeping, so could he stop touching him! If it was somebody else, I would have been very rude! :evil: :evil: :evil: I didnt have any gel stuff then, but I had those cleaning wipes with dettol, so I just wiped his face with those and then with normal baby wipes!At that point I thought its better if Daniel gets a bit of an allergy (he didnt) than some sort of nasty infection!

On the second day, when they came to pack, again, I didnt manage to wink, he was all around the carrycot, but I took procotions that time. We have a mosquito net which covers the carrycot, so I put that on! :D Do it every time now, when I know Ill have to stand in a quie(sp?) or be in a very busy place. :twisted:

I know what you mean trixipaws, its not being a snob at all, its caring about your LO's health :hug:
When Isaac was very little, we went shopping and a young and obviously drunk lad, with a cig hangin out his mouth, came over and said hello to Isaac, I nearly died, thought if he touched him I'd drop kick him :shock: I think it's more because they're strangers though, and as they get older it becomes pointless creating any sterile environment, 1.because you can't, they're wriggling around floors, picking toys up and chewing them and 2.it's good for their immune system to be exposed to all manner of bugs etc now In their first year, most babies will catch at least 10 colds, I thought I'd mention it as I just read it today :lol:

I felt terrible recently in Ikea cafe when a lady with severe learning difficulties was desperate to hold my DD and I refused - she was calling herself 'Mum' and desperate to hold her - she had a carer with her but she was distracted. I felt awful but I was just so scared so would run away with her. I did let her stroke her face and coo though, but felt uneasy (and felt awful for feeling like that, but couldn't help it).

I've not had anyone dirty touching her though.

Valentine Xxx

No i'm the same. I hate it when people come over to see the baby and seem to mess with their lips (if you know what I'm mean). I think its so disgusting :puke: I'm rally concious if I even pick up a dummy for someone that I only touch the handel cos I know I'd hate that myself.

No your not a snob and personally would have told her not to touch my child. I used to hate it when my LO was first born and complete strangers would make a bee line for him. No one ever touched him but my HV told me not to let anyone touch him, as you dont know what germs they have.

At the end of the day if you dont protect them who else will. you did right going and buying that cleaning gel. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back