emmaandamyleigh

its very confusing coz at the mo he does live at the same property but not in the same room as me so i dont know if that classes as living with someone coz hes at the otherside of the building plus theres like 4 other people live here and the rooms arent big enuff for three of us to live in one room as he works here im hoping to get my own house off the council as he want to keep his room on and stop at the house a few nights aweek as with him being a chef he works some times breakfast shift and has to be up at about 6 am to start work and the wage here is pretty crap lol hes only on 5.80 an hour some weeks he only makes 140 aweek as the start of the year is slow and not really busy plus there are like 6 other chefs that work here and then 3 ppl on wash up and 2 that are part timers that help on cold side of the kitchen so his hours get cut in the winter lol so all this benifits are weird lol btw i only sleep in his room on a few nights so its not very good living above a pub coz he lives in chef quaters as they call it i live in the main bit where there are a waitress and two chefs who only rarly stops here one to two nights lol

oh right lol i dont know about claiming as a couple then . . . i hope you get a place off the council soon tho :D x x x

no emma,,, if your going to claim single which means that technically yous live apart (he can kip at urs up to 3 nights a week but not in a row;) lol ) then you should be entitled to loads.... claim for housing benefit, surestart grant, income support, council tax, and child tax credit. surestart needs to be claimed by the time amy leigh is 12 weeks.... if your claiming single and ur partner is on birth certificate csa does not get involved if the 'split' was amicable and payments are agreed with you. they do not get involved where necessary to save animosity on behalf of child.

p.s. if you wonder how i know all this my sis works for inland revenue ;) lol

hope its some help t you.. xxx

seee i think technically at the min coz we live at the same adress but apart hes in one and hes in the other that i might be able to claim single income support he only gives me money for her and technically the shopping he buys is for him alone not that he lets me starve lol because i have no cooking facilties i either have to eat out or use some of the money i get back off travel expenses he gives me the money to go see amy. if he has time he does cooking me some food but that isnt often basically he just like a good friend but father of my child we dont live like a couple lol he does his thing and i do mine but coz the room are tiny we have to have seperate rooms and stuff so its quite complicated

see my midwife told me to put in for income support now and just say that i live there and amys dad does to but we are split up and that he pays for her stuff that she needs and pays for me when i need to go see her so techincally were not living as a couple coz he lived here b4 i did i only moved down he coz i applied for a job at the premier inn which is next door but i give it up at when i was 11 weeks pregnant coz i was cleaning rooms and stuuf and it was the summer at the time. the manager of the pub sed she didnt want to see me on the street and let me live in one of the rooms.

I hope you get a place soon :) .. your daughter is amazing btw :) is she doing ok now ? xx

yeah claim single. im married well let me tell you iut was an amazing day but its been a curse. my hubby earns 200 a week and im not entitled to ANYTHING!!!! if id been on the dole for a long period of time i would have got some help but that was out the window because i was a student i wasnt working for work to give me maternity and i wasnt on the dole for the gmnt to give me maternity so i slip thru the net and am expected to live off him. its not good... our rent is 450pcm car payment 200 and van payment and 2taxes 2 insurances and 2 mot's .... its v v tight but my mum makes life easier for us :D well get by ... but you missy... i promise you claim for everything u r entitled to .... if they give you and your daughter a house it would be much more suitable than a room you cant cook in... get your name on housing list asap ..... i can imagine you would get loads of points therefore may be housed b4 wee amy even comes out of hosp.... youll also get a £1000 grant to buy stuff for your house!! :D xxx

thanx lisa yeah the jobcentre sed no probs to tha as were technically living seprate anyways lol so hes not classed as supporting me and they sed if i claim now i can claim income support from when she was born. plus they sed i might aswell start claiming it now and then i dont have to worry about it when i get the house and they sed it makes it easier coz as the house gets decorated and suff ill have money todo it lol

congrats missy i was thinking yest u may be entitled to backpay.... glad to hear your gettin help... you defo need it!!! youll have urselves sorted in no time!! :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back