Emily Hannah 13th May 2008

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
Finally getting round to posting this. Sorry it's so late :D

I was taken into hospital on Monday 12th with slightly high blood pressure. Nothing dramatic but they'd been monitoring it for a while and I had a bit of protein in my wee so in for overnight and obs. I was a week overdue by then. Nothing at all happened on Monday and the doc came round on Tues at 9am and decided to give me a sweep in the hopes that "it would start my labour off slowly and maybe we'd have a baby by the end of the week". He did the sweep and said I was already 2-3 cm :shock: and that I might get a few twinges over the next couple of days...

Half an hour later I started getting really painful contractions. By the time my DH got there at 11am for visiting, I was in a fair old bit of pain. I was walking round but keeling over when the contractions came, leaning over the bed, kneeling up on the bed.... I told the midwife I was in agony and she came out with "Aww love - is it your first? They do hurt you know, but you could be having these early contractions for days yet so you need to breathe through them..." Tried to breathe through but they were so painful. I knew these weren't the kind of contractions you can live with for days but they wouldn't believe me. They refused to examine me as they said I wouldn't have dilated anything in such a short space of time and it would increase the risk of infection :shock: At 1pm they gave me paracetamol because I was still complaining. At 2pm I was a bit sick with the pain and the patronising midwife said she'd run me a bath to try and ease them a bit. At this point I was still on a women's health ward, nowhere near the labour ward. I got in the bath at 2.10pm and as soon as I got in I announced to my shocked DH that I needed to push, pushed and my waters popped :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really in pain now and DH went off to get the patronising midwife. She arrived, sh*t herself at the state I was in in the bath. Doing a bit of moaning myself by now and trying hard not to push too much. In proper agony. DH managed to get me naked onto a wheelchair, covered me with a couple of towels and took me with the midwife down the corridors, in the lift and on to the labour ward. No delivery rooms available so we had to go into a side room. The labour midwives took over here and they were ace. I got on a bed, they had a quick look, I pushed twice, said the F word very loudly and Emily arrived!! Everyone was in complete shock. No pain relief or anything. Tore pretty bady and the stitching up took nearly 2 hrs but hey ho you can't have everything and I'm pretty much all healed now so all's good. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic, I will. She's yummy :D

Wow, congratulations hun. Cant belive how patronising your midwife was! Bet you dont care now that your new bundle has arrived though! :D

stupid midwives!

Well done you for getting her out so quickly!

Sandi

They hardly ever seem to listen :evil:

Glad all is well now though and you have a beautiful little daughter :cheer:

That middy was soooo rude!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

glad everything is well now tho

congrats hun

ps. hope i dont get a midwife like that!!!!!!!!!!!

wow what a story :shock: :rotfl:

glad you have healed now and have your gorgeous daughter :hug: that mw sounds like a bitc* :twisted:

xxxx

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

Sorry about your awful midwife, i had one like her too... in total agony but she was telling me they were only twinges!

Congratulations hun!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Some midwives are so patronising arent they! i had one like that with my first baby, with subsequent babies they take you more seriously.

Cant wait to see a pic although iv not posted one of my little man on here i dont know really how to do it, i got babybee suzie to post one on the 3rd tri chat 4 me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back