Embarassing question..

lmarszall

Reaction score
Is there anything we can take to help with, um, constipation?

I am on iron tablets and am having real issues at the moment. I have the midwife wednesday and hope to ask her but i get embarassed at these things. Stupid considering what i'll be going through in 13 weeks but none the less.

Any help ladies. I keep not taking the iron but i am so tired i need it. But i was in agony with this problem yesterday :(

Thanks
Lau
xx

My midwife told me iron tablets gives u constipation, ive had to eat red meat and eat cereals that are high in iron else i will be on them too :(

dont know if i am still low on iron or notdont see her till 24th apr :(

Anyways im not sure if tehres tablets u can take or not but id suggest maybe trying fruit and drinkingplenty of water dunno if it help but im sure bananas help me when i have slight toilet problem :)

The only things you can really have for constipation are Lactulose or Fibregel.

I find that bananas seem to work to.

oh sorry i didnt read the bottom bit of your post saying u not taking them.

think orange juice does too not sure im kinda confused about it, think its ok :lol:

when i said about water i werent talking about tap water cause that tastes puke i mean flavoured bottled water :)

Hi

I said this in another post but i ate grapes and it eased mine and Kiaras right away, worth a try!! i still am going a few times a day though so not sure if its from the grapes nwo or a tummy bug :?
Katrina

I'm a strict veggie so i'm not nearly getting enough to help me... erm....flow! I am taking supplements and PLENTY of fresh orange juice, does it everytime! :oops:

Oranges, dried apricots, prunes and plenty of water everyday should help!

Thanks!

I shall try. Fruit is the last thing i fancy now i'm pregnant though.

It would make sense that your body actually craved stuff thats good for you, not Haribo Tangfastics!!!

Lau
xx

Plenty of water should help get things moving too Lau.

If you want to eat iron rich foods to make sure you get plenty of iron into your system try corned beef and leafy green vegetables. I had a problem with anaemia after I had my son years ago. In those days the doc said I should drink a half of Guinness or Mackeson a day to help. LOL :) Not sure they would recommend that during pregnancy though.

I just posted this somewhere else but forget where :lol:
My good friend who's a homeopath told me to soak 3 tablespoons of Linseed in water overnight, then eat it the next day with or without food, all at once or at different times. The natural oil in Linseed mixes with the bodiy's water to create better oiled, lubricated stools :D Oh, and orange juice, vitamin C, helps the body absorb iron, so get plenty of that too.
Hope it eases for you soon :hug:

Hi, I've been taking a pre-natal vitamin which has a stool softener in it too! Maybe you could look for some of them, mine's an American brand but there must be something in the UK too?! Also, try drinking apple juice and I would definitely agree with the suggestion about eating extra fruit!

Take a good magazine into the loo, relaxing often works!

drink a cup of warm water with half a lemon a queezed in it in the morning before you eat or drink anything else...It comes from Gillian Mckeeth but it definately works

I am having the same problems, see this thread I started a few weeks back:

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=29075

Things I have found really helpful are adding chopped up dried prunes to my cereal, going for a walk after dinner, drinking LOADS of water.

Fybogel was not doing it for me, so I asked my doctor about it yesterday and she gave me some different sachets to try - cannot for the life of me remember what they are called - something like Merocyl... will check later.

cloud9 said:
drink a cup of warm water with half a lemon a queezed in it in the morning before you eat or drink anything else...It comes from Gillian Mckeeth but it definately works

Yeah, I agree with the above, this certainly gets the bowels moving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back