Eliot's journal

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
Wow from ttc to pregnancy to Eliot!
Can hardly believe it!

Day 9 - started with trip to A&E to check his breathing. We'd been up all night listening to him wheeze like a smoker. Poor baby. All was totally fine - he's dehydrated. Paediatrician said he has perfect breathing and lovely skin!
We'll get him right as rain again regarding the feeding and dehydration. He advised changing to Aptamil to help his poos and everything. I'm realising he'll be a formula baby - can't feed him and expressing bringing out next to nothing. Eating my oats, fennel tea and about to get fenugreek so not entirely giving up. Just have to accept it might not happen.

Day 10
MW just been & said if by day ten the milk wasn't in then it was unlikely. Wrote down he's now a bottlefed baby and gave me great tips. She was lovely about it & totally unfazed. Feel much better now :)

Day 11

Things feel so much easier today. I think we're getting our routines down and also all 3 of us are growing in confidence with each other. Eliot slept right through last night (bar the one feed at 6am ish) and we all feel much more rested :)

We did the bath earlier :yay:
He loved it and fell asleep hehe - such a sleepy baby.
Got a bit grumpy getting dried, though...

He's eating better now, and the feeds are more spaced out - 4oz 4 hourly. Leaves way more time in between to get things done :)

Baby gym and tummy time tomorrow!

Day 12
Really good day! We stayed in bed all morning to chill & rest. It did us the world of good. Eliot slept away beside us in the Moses. Lovely morning :)

Eliot was in a great mood all day and even managed the full 4oz feed once! He's getting there :yay:

Currently pumping on the medela but looks like I've dried up :(

Tummy time lasted about 5 seconds but his head is so strong already. He just seemed a bit stressed bless him. Flipped him over so he could see all the lights and animals. He liked that for about 4 whole mins then came the waterworks aww!

Only taken two lots of paracetamol today :yay:
Much more mobile :)
Can stop wearing my Teds in 2 days. Thank God...

Day 14
Can't believe my little boy is 2 weeks old already!
Starting to recognise what's up with him when he cries - :yay: a corner turned!
Today, my husband goes back to work :( I will really miss him so much. We've kept each other sane and laughing through the hard times as well as the good ones. Why can't we win the lottery and just be at home all the time?!!
A gal can dream...

My big brother and his lovely GF are coming round tonight with food for cuddles with their nephew. Really looking forward to it :)
Hoping to get some nice family pics taken - we have loads of Daddy and Eliot, very few of me with Eliot, but none of us all together. Ooh, I might even put my face on!
x

Day 15

Well, colic has come to visit...
Arrived yesterday and really heated up today. Wee man screamed from 12.45 and I've just been able to put him down now. There were a few 10 mins of peace but mainly crying. Poor Eliot. He just seems in so much discomfort and it breaks my heart. He's settling with the dummy - what a godsend that thing is. Hope this lasts only the two weeks norm and not the 3-4 months it can do according to the info. My nerves are shot...

Day 16

Just back from HV clinic. Eliot has a rash on his cheeks (facial!), he is snoring, and was making grunty pig noises. I knew in my heart of hearts he is OK, but just wanted to get him checked. The HVs were, as usual, amazing and said he was 100% fine. He is even back up to birth weight - bang on 9lbs 8oz wooo :yay:
They were more worried about me all exhausted and suchlike. I got a hug aw!
I had to carry him there in the Maxicosi (haven't worked out the pram yet...) and I was told aww you shouldn't be carrying that. They were lovely and aww one of them chased me down the road afterwards to carry him home for me. They're seriously amazing HVs - I am so grateful to have that support.

Eliot screamed for 6 whole hours yesterday. Bless him, he was in such discomfort with the wind :(
His dad was amazing when he came home - really soothed him and I was sent to bed so he could do the late feed :love: I am so lucky to have my lovely husband.
Eliot started screaming again today, but is asleep now :) Phew...

Aw bless him. Poppy had a facial rash when she was a couple of weeks old but it cleared up on its own. Hope the colic improves for him (and you!) x

Aw bless him. Poppy had a facial rash when she was a couple of weeks old but it cleared up on its own. Hope the colic improves for him (and you!) x

It's the milk spots, the HV said - crikey!
Aww your Poppy is adorable - lovely pics xxx

Day 17

Much better day today. I kept Eliot a bit warmer - had been going overboard on the whole keeping him cool thing and had left the happy medium somewhat. No wonder he was pissed off the last few days. Poor man was chilly.
So, he had lots of naps today (mostly on me - think he had a few nightmares cos he'd be REMing and then wake in a panic. What on Earth he could be 'maring about at the tender age of 17 days is beyond me...).
He seems bigger again - definitely heavier: my dead arm will attest to that. He now goes sort of halfway up the Moses basket yikes! Good job his lovely uncle and aunty have bought him the cot :yay: It's all ordered and on its way wooo!
This is it here.

I am still slurring, I am so tired. Ah well, goes with the job. The best job in the world!! :love:
x

Day 20

Really getting to know Eliot now, and I am able to anticipate things and also know what his cries mean. Yippee!
We completed our first week at home on our own with aplomb :) A nervous start led to a confident and happy end :)

We took Eliot out in the pram yesterday. He wore his little Thumper snowsuit and looked like a little sweety :love:
http://direct.asda.com/george/baby/sleepsuits/thumper-snowsuit/GEM76486,default,pd.html
He went to the park (asleep) and we stopped by at some close friends' house to say hello (Eliot asleep). Last time the friends had popped by with flowers and a card, I was breastfeeding and t1ts out and about everywhere so husband went down to see them and they couldn't come up. I felt awful, so it was nice to go and see them! They totally understood at the time, but you know how you just feel like a bit of a shit keeping people at bay...

Poor wee man has just vommed up all his feed all over himself. I felt so, so sorry for him because for the first time he did look a bit distressed about vomming. Well, not distressed exactly, more nonplussed. Poor baby :hugs:

So, today, we are off to the next big town where we live to get lots of baby stuff. I really need to get more confident getting out and about with Eliot because I have a few places I need to go on our own this week, e.g. getting discharged from the MWs. I felt sort of nervous yesterday about taking him out. I don't know why. I'm sure my confidence will grow. It needs to for his sake so it bloody well will do!!

I've signed husband and myself up for baby first aid at our local café. I just need to know what to do should, God forbid, anything happen. We have a book, but I need to be shown, too.

On another note, isn't the Moro reflex SO cute!! Eliot looks like a little orchestra conductor when he sleeps :love:

Great journal hunny :)
You are doing so well, confidence does grow and you will be out and about without even thinking about it soon.
Have fun shopping and spoiling your little man today, prepared to be stopped a million times while everyone coos over Elliot because hes just a little cutie x x

Aww thanks, M2A! And HOW cute is your profile pic?! Elexia is a gorgeous little girl - so sweet :love:

Day 27

Wow - where is the time going? My boy is a month old tomorrow! Lovely :)

Well, the shopping trip was delayed by a week, but this was a good thing because even at a week later I was somewhat nervy. But, we did it! It was a lovely day and, M2A, you were right in that he was cooed over and complimented aww!!
He was very modest about it, though, and slept :)

He has been smiling a bit. It is totally smiling and not wind. The wind face looks grimacey and actually a bit scary!
He also shuffled his way up the play mat of the baby gym, and his head and neck strength are amazing (he holds his neck up and looks around so much). He propped his bum up while on his tummy yesterday and started sucking his thumb - we were properly proud parents at that. Clever wee soul.

I'm looking into baby swimming for him soon. I thought babies had to be 3 months+ but apparently not so. Ace!
My husband has every other Friday off, so we will take Eliot swimming on those days. And then I'll go with the NCT girls on other days, too.

I'm gradually getting less scared of accidentally hurting baby and learning how to just enjoy him. I've been a nightmare with fussing and fretting, but I guess that's natural for a first-time mummy with no experience of babies. I really don't want to be a 'helicopter mum', so I need to nip this in the bud without being too over the top with that.

x

Oh Sunny, I got so emotional reading your new journal, it's amazing to have been a part of the journey from all the cycles TTC to following your posts through the tri's and then of course the labour thread and now here!

:love:

Fab journal chick, really enjoying reading it. Time is flying by, can't believe Eliot's just over a month old now. :faint:

x x

Eliot is 5 weeks old today! I cannot believe how the weeks are going by.

Yesterday, he flipped from his front to his back while he was having tummy time on his play gym. We were amazed. He's been twisty twisting for a good week or so, but this was the whole shebang. Mad!! Well proud of him.
He also laughed while he was being bathed awww. I keep asking him, "how old are you really?!". If he answers back, I will know something isn't adding up hehe!

Feeling so Christmassy at the moment. I keep thinking of all the traditions I want to instil, e.g. new pyjamas on Christmas Eve, a new tree decoration for him each year...things like that. So lovely!

Have to drive somewhere next Sunday (one day before I can legally do so) so off to GP today to get them to sign that off. I feel ready to drive. The C-section scar is playing up a bit, but not in a worrying way, in that 'knitting together' way, if you know what I mean.

Hoping the lochia will stop soon. Such a bore... I want my cycles back!

I was brave on Friday and met with the NCT ladies for coffee. I'd started hermiting a bit again, but then thought gosh this is so unfair on Eliot who needs his fresh air. So off we went! It was great, and was so good to hear that they were going through the same thoughts and feelings as me.

Eliot is now over 10lbs! So pleased!

Day 36

Bless Eliot, I bounced him on my knee while winding him and then stopped and the little fella kept bouncing himself :love:

We are all about the new jammies on Xmas eve! I've got Brooke's and Al's but am still on the look out for mine :) x

Lovely journal hon :) Well done you for getting out and about a bit more, I was exactly the same those first 2 or 3 weeks, really scared about becoming a hermit but too nervous to go out far. Once you've done it a few times though it becomes a doddle and I love being out and about now :) Yay for the babies being cooed over! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back