Electrical Or Microwave Steriliser??

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
What does everyone use a electrical or microwave steriliser?? Would you recommend it, or do you wish you had used the other type??

Why do you think one is better than the other??

You can see i am having a very much confused day, trying to educate myself all about bottle feeding and have got so confused i don't think i am going to sleep well tonight the mind is going around and around, LOL.

probs doesnt help because i have no experience of either but when i was choosing microwave or electric i googled it a lot and it all seems to be down to personal preference so when this was on offer in toys r us i bought it coz it looked like a good deal and its all my bottle feeding stuff sorted in one go:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...ppee-Closer-to-Nature-Essentials-Set(0070825)
This is what i bought for 49.99 a couple of weeks ago
xxx

Lol iv heard the electric ones are better because apparently the microwave ones are a pain as you have to keep taking then out when you want to use the microwave for other things. Only advice I've been given! X

I started out with a large microwave 1 but couldnt get on with it besides the.fact it didnt fit in my microwave so we ended up with a electric steriliser which was fab and a small microwave one for travel and uused the bit mucrowave one for dummies and syringes... Which you will hopefully not need. And when i have this second baby i will deffo be using the sream one again!!

Hope ive.helped. Xxx

i don't have any experience but i have one of each lol!! We decided on the electric one as it's faster and cleans more than the microwave one and then we got bought the microwave one by my nan!!

We are planning to have a bag containing the basics for when baby goes to stay with it's nanny or granny and the microwave steriliser is going in that bag!!

We have decided to get the electric one for home and then the microwave one for travelling.

I've used both and I preferred the microwave one! Although, I ended up coldwater sterilising this time with Milton and MUCH preferred it! I liked how you could just leave the solution in fr 24 hours and just dunk the bottles/ whatever in for 15 mins and they were done!

I'd go with cold water sterilising, so easy. Milton tablets last for 24 hours and you just chuck everything in for 15 mins. With Milton its says you don't need to rinse anything, but we did with boiling water. The cheaper brands, you still do need to rinse after sterilising.

I've bought both :lol: I used the micowave one on holiday and it was amazing so I'd highly recommend them :)

We've got a small microwave steriliser that came with my breast pump. Only reason we've not bought a bigger one is because we'll only ever be using bottles when OH wants a feed and I express. X

I used a microwave one first time round and loved it x it was so easy but I don't have any experience of the electrical one x I would do cold sterilising except I can not stand the smell of Milton!

wiyh my 1st we had an electric Avent one which was fine but when she was older, we went on holiday and took some milton and wished we'd done this from the start x

Ooooh cold water sterilising i am going to look into this. Sounds so easy!

I was going to go with microwave sterilising due to space issues in our kitchen, until one day I poached fish in it and then decided that I could not use the microwave for sterilising after cooking smelly foods :lol:

I have always used steam, but counter space is at a bit of a premium now, with a slow cooker , which will see more action when I have a new baby about , and my bread machine which is always on, so I just brought the microwave tommie Tippee one for 8 or £10 quid in the asda baby event, bargain
We don't use the miicrowave much so it can live in there

Steam was good tho

probs doesnt help because i have no experience of either but when i was choosing microwave or electric i googled it a lot and it all seems to be down to personal preference so when this was on offer in toys r us i bought it coz it looked like a good deal and its all my bottle feeding stuff sorted in one go:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...ppee-Closer-to-Nature-Essentials-Set(0070825)
This is what i bought for 49.99 a couple of weeks ago
xxx

I bought that too! Looks like it has gone back up in price- was a bargain!

I've got the microwave one but only because I am planning to breastfeed and so this is just for the odd bottle here and there and also because I got the Tommy Tippy one from Asda for £10 in the baby event last week.

Thank you everyone, i have gone for the microwave version and see how we get on with things.

LOL, we don't tend to poach fish in the microwave, otherwise i think i would have been put off to. Only warm up meals, bake beans and OH cooks himself a potatoe in there, but that is about it.

Saw the ASDA one, looked a good price, but Babies R Us have an unusal set, not like all the other microwave sets i have seen, and includes lots, so gone with that, and order a few extra bottles. Not to many, just enough to get us going and make sure it suits baby first, we can go shopping for more afterwards, if they work.

Ive got a microwave one this time, had electric last time, no real reason, just that microwave one was on offer in baby sale for £5 at end of the last asda sale. xx

i have electric and microwave and i gave away my electric one... it was too bulky in my kitchen lol i pack everything away and i loved how the micro one just sits in micro when in and not in use i love it... i also preferred how the micro one does 4 btls at a time and electric one does 6 id rather do 4 as she only drinks 4 bottles a day and u need less bottles and theyre not lying for over a day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back