Elective C-section or Vaginal Birth after Third Degree Tear?

MrsLG

Reaction score
Hi folks, I was hoping for some advice. I am 28 weeks pregnant with my second child and have just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes for the second time. First time round I managed it with diet, but I had extra amniotic fluid (polyhydromnios) and my son was 9 lb 1 when born with a big head which ended with me having a third degree tear (stitched with a spinal after he was born), episiotomy and ventose delivery. I will be offered an elective c section this time round but wondered if i should try for a vaginal delivery again? Any experiences would be welcomed! Many thanks!

I ended up with episiotomy last time with forceps. I had 10 stitches put it.
This time im going vaginal birth again. With alittle more prep before hand.
I've order the perinal massage oil and I'm also doing the hypnobirthing.

I would have a very honest conversation with your consultant about the benefits/risks to either. plenty of women with previous significant tears go on to have vaginal births with no issues. You can put it as part of your plan to have an experienced midwife with you in labour. Talk about elective episiotomy rather than tearing etc. You need to weigh up the long term risk of csection to subsequent pregnancies / your over all health. It’s best to look at the documented evidence. You should be able to access RCOG policies which should direct you to the evidence behind it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back