'Elective' C-section Date!

Charlotte1993

Reaction score
u8WfS2O.gif
So, i went to see my consultant at the hospital Thursday, just gone (27/12/18) Where she spoke to me about having an 'Elective' C-section, this is because of my health conditions (Becoming very breathless/Struggling to breath) and also my baby is in the 'Breach' position.
I go back t the hospital to see my consultant on Friday (4/1/19) were she as told me she wants me to book a date for my 'Elective' C-section, I'm so happy to be given the choice!
My consultant, as already told me she wants to do my C-section, they can not go past and leave me over my date i have chosen. My original due date is 19/3/19. But then my consultant also said they only allow an 'Elective' C-section to be done up till 37Weeks.
I'm currently 28+5weeks pregnant :D
But my question is for you guys, what date would they do the C-section around?

I was under the impression that unless there are reasons otherwise an elective section is usually done around 39 weeks.

So without knowing your exact personal details and not being a medical professional, I can't really suggest anything as there must be a reason they've said it would be done before 37 weeks

I was under the impression that unless there are reasons otherwise an elective section is usually done around 39 weeks.

So without knowing your exact personal details and not being a medical professional, I can't really suggest anything as there must be a reason they've said it would be done before 37 weeks
Ive pm'ed you Donna x

I also thought c sections were done a little closer but if you have health issues and they recommend up till 37 weeks, I would guess that they will be wanting it as close as possible to 37 weeks.

I also thought c sections were done a little closer but if you have health issues and they recommend up till 37 weeks, I would guess that they will be wanting it as close as possible to 37 weeks.
Yes, well I’m seeing my consultant Friday and I’m going to ask her. So I will post bk to this thread to keep you all updated. Thanks guys for those of you who have replied to this thread,, much appreciated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back