Effects of Loop Excision on Labour?

merlin

Reaction score
I have a consultant appointment tomorrow, seems to be the week for these! I had a loop excision and 3 punch biopsies about 8 years ago ( not sure of exactly how long ago without dragging my sorry self off the sofa to get notes!).
Has anyone else had this done and know what the effect could be on labour, if any? I know I will find out tomorrow, but can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hello tri hopping but I had loop excision last year, at my consultant appointment I was told that there was a very small chance of pre term labour but they were happy for me to just be midwife led and just to contact them if I had any concerns Xx

Thank you Amy. That sounds positive, I haven't had a problem since the procedure so I am sure all will be fine, although I really want to stay consultant led, the hospital that is closest to me (10 min drive) deals with all the consultant led care, if I am m/w led I may well be asked to attend a hospital that is 45 mins away, all because of recent cutbacks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hi Merlin, thanks for posting this thread - I also have had too leep treatments about a year and a half ago and was wondering the same thing....Amy - have you had any extra monitoring? My midwife knows of my treatments but I've not been told anything else..have an 16 week appointment on Wed so was going to ask then...have heard that some women get there cervix checked during pregnancy if they've had this treatment but my midwife hasn't mentioned this to me at all....x

I had extra scans at the start but that was due to previous early losses. I seen the consultant at around 13 weeks she went through my notes from my procedure and said she was happy for me to just go back to mw led but she did mention that it was only a small section of my cervix removed so maybe it will depend on that. Xx

Just to update for MrsLG............waited for an hour to see the consultant only to be told told that it really shouldn't cause any problems and he doesn't know why the midwives insist on sending peeps such as myself to see consultants.
He did say in about 2% to 3% of cases it can cause pure term labour.
So no problem and nothing to worry about apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks for the update Merlin and for the info Amy! :) Google is evil! Had started reading bad stuff and was freaKing out abit! :-@ so thanks, :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back