cervical loop treatment?

jojo3972

Reaction score
i was wandering if anyone has had loop treatment due to pre cancerous cells and then got pregnant after wards, i had this loop treatment around 2.5 yrs ago and now i am pregnant and im worried its made my cervix weaker than what it used to be? i merntioned to mw but she wasnt to sure :-/ i will ask my consultant at my first app what the chances are n maybe they will have a look or sumthing cos i would hate to get to 20 weeks or sumthing and my cervix give way on me :shock: xxx

Hi jojo, yes I had it done a year before I got pregnant. I've had no problems really in this pregnancy apart from some spotting after sex twice in tri 1 but having a healthy pregnancy so far. When I spoke to my consultant they said I only had 8mm off which is fine, if it's any more than 13mm you are considered high risk. Xx

ahh ok thnk you for that dans ona sex ban due to mc last yr n md did say may get spotting but havnt so far touch wood, i shall ask my consultant cos i have no idea how much they took away they probs said but i wasnt listening properly was just glad it was over with, thnk you for ur advice much appreciated :) xxx

Hope it's not much they took away & hope you have a healthy pregnancy. Well done on the sex ban, I did that after the spotting!! Xx

I had it a few years back too, bled like nothing on earth at the time! Was horrific. I thought I was going into the unit for a re-smear aswell, had no idea what I was getting done!

i have been told that I need a smear at my 6 week check up after baby is born. Other than that everything is just the same as normal. It does go down on your pregnancy folder, but its just for info.

my yrly smear is due august so it wont be that late this yr if they will do it at 6 week check im religous now with my smear woukdnt dare be late with it obvy i have to this yr, yes i agree it wasnt a very nice procedure tbf but needs must xxx

Hey I had treatment last year or ending of previous year can't remember now, I had cells burnt off..ouchy!! None of the midwives have said anything to me about it but I have been told I need to wait 12 weeks after birth for a smear which will take me to a year since my last check up :( bit worried about it but last one came back clear.

ye i had it done and have had a baby with no problems at all :) they did say before tho that I may have trouble dilating due to the scarring which may result in a csection but I had him naturally, however now the area where it was is red and sometimes bleeds

Last edited:
mrs woody maybe u should mention it to mw she may not no mine didnt untill i mentioned it to her they maybe can check ur records n see how much u had taken away i didnt want to scare anyone i was just worried myself,i will ask mw also about wen i can have next smear xxx

I had it done 4 yrs ago, I mentioned it and they said should be fine. I have a smear every year now. Missed my last one cause pregnant but I'm sure I'll have it as soon as I can

jojo I'm going to mention it at my 16week appointment anyway. I took my letter with me to my booking in and mw just said that I would have to wait. But to be honest I have been less than impressed with the mw's I have seen so far so hoping the one at my 16 week app might be a nice one :)x

ok fingers crossed u get a better mw, i cant quite beleive some mws are actualy snotty and couldnt care less how on earth did they pass there midifery cos its so hard to get through on average out of each uni only 15 out of probs 30 trying get through and u need gd ppl skills the mind boggles xx

Your midwife should know anyway. At your booking in appointment your midwife should fill out your pregnancy form with you and one of the questions is any post-smear treatment. She should also go through your medical notes. She even wrote down the times I had broken my arm as a child!

Lynds...don't get me started on medical notes! I'm military so all notes are with them and I see the mw for pregnancy stuff only who is at a cilivilan surgery near the base. Sadly they don't understand that I have a Scottish nhs number (I live in Somerset) and this all very confusing to medical professions! :/

I had treatment for CIN3 about 6 months before I got pregnant - no idea how much they removed but my pregnancy was fine - I actually went over my due date 8 days so my cervix was fine. I did have to be induced because my cervix didnt dilate quick enough but that could have been nothing to do with the treatment.
Hope this reassures you xx

mine was cin 3 also im sure it will be fine. the mw didnt have the full notes just the basic ones of previous preg n that the other mw had taken alllllllll the notes to her other clinic silly moo lol i did tell her about it but she just said it should be ok but u may have some spotting due to scar tissue but am sure it will be fine , all my periods have been spot on n wat not its just with the previous mmc u cant help but wander :-/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back