• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ed Sheeran - small bump

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Call me lame but this song has been put a while and I've just heard it, apparently he wrote it for a friend who sadly miscarried. I found it really warm & heartfelt. I try not to be soppy but brought tears to my eyes :)

X

Ive heard it and got a bit teary at the lyrics as I was in the car on my own. I hadn't realised it was about a mc mind you thoughtit must have been about his kid.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw the video yesterday it's set in a hospital waiting room. It's only at the end I realised the lyrics were sad so thought he had suffered a loss but it was written for a friend :( very sad but I thought it was nicely written. I've never heard a song about mc before. X

this song made me cry too.....its a gorgeous song. x

I don't like it?

In fact I really don't like it.

The music is far too upbeat and some of the words are just stupid and make no sense....

Sorry :shock:

xxxxxxxx

i have only heard a live acoustic version....that one wasnt upbeat.

it was the version he sang on the voice, not heard the recorded version

The first time I heard it I didn't realise it was about mc, I thought it was just about expecting a baby cos I didn't hear the last bit til the second time I heard it. I do think it's very special that someone has written about something so touching, but I think it's selfish and inconsiderate to put it out on general release when you don't know what emotional affect it could have on some people. If I'd heard that last year I wouldn't have coped very well with it.
Perhaps as an album release it would be a touching tribute, but I don't think it's nice to cash in on a song like that :(

It's a beautiful song. Its been on my play list for a year. As someone who has suffered 2 miscarriages I don't think it was insensitive atall. All songs are written about personal experience, there are songs about people dying, this is no different,obviously a subject close to his heart , more people will find comfort from this song then take it offensively

I didn't think it had been on general release? I could be wrong mind you....

I've heard it on Magic FM :shock:

Granted they didn't play the last little bit (when it becomes clear it is about a m/c)

xxxxxxxx

I don't know if it was on general release but listening to it for me was really touching and I'm glad I heard it hence the thread.

Having had 2 mc I don't find this insensitive for me but I can totally understand if others have a different view as everyone is different.

X

I didn't know about this song I just utubed it and altho I don't get some of the lyric choices but get some of the others I think its a really nice song and its obvy from the heart which for me is always a better song when its personal to the singer x

Heard it a while back, doesn't get me as much as wires by athlete, and that has a good ending! Still wanted to get past 5 months so it didn't apply to me, surprised it was released though

I think it's a sweet song, the ending is rather sad, and if I'm honest I usually switch it off just before the end... Sad fact these things are all very real, and yes some people might find it upsetting others may find a bit of comfort, a song for there angels xxx

I heard this song last year on his album when i was going through a MC and i cant listen to it because it reminds me of it. But it is a lovely song from what i remember...

It's a nice song if a little sad but things like this can't revolve around people who have mc, there are millions of people who it has happened too and will continue to happen unfortunately.

Lovely sentiment but I thought the song was rubbish, sorry *runs and hides x

when i saw you had commented cos, i just knew you were going to say it was rubbish...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back