Ectopic surgery recovery

Lea_photo

Reaction score
Got home last night and still quite drugged up, this morning I'm so tearful and in agony I feel so useless. Can't pick my boy up for a cuddle he will be wondering why. Dr nkingpeppermint tea and cordial for the wind which is meant to be bad. Husbands been patting my back to wind me like a baby but it makes me laugh so much I end up in tears cause it hurts. I can't see me getting better in so much pain

Trust me darling it does.

It takes a little while but it will.

Stick some movies on & eat some junk food - chocolate & pizza!!

Just look after yourself & things will get better.

Also don't recommend laughing, sneezing, coughing or pushing for a poop.. Not fun!!

xx

Oh god I've had to cough and laugh this morning. Agony. When do you start to feel a bit better? Goes me some hope? Xx

How often did you change your dressings? Had some more tramadol this morning as the paracetamol don't touch me. Just wary of having too much. Wonder if it's best to take before bed time as getting up was the worse.

Did u have keyhole? Or was you cut ? I had key hole surgery I had 4 insisions (if that's how it's spelt lol) one in my belly button one on my right side and two on my left side I had a draining tube coming from my right side. I took my dressings off my stitches two days after the surgery xxx

I took my dressings off about 4 days post surgery. It does get better slowly hun. I'm 11 days post op and still getting pain but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I first had the surgery. I lived on codeine and paracetamol with ibuprofen in between doses for the first 5 days.

(((((HUGS))))) hun. I'm so sorry you're going through this too. Seems to be a lot of us at the moment who've just had surgery.

I had keyhole too. It's so neat isn't it? The belly button one is a bit mingy ha. I just feel I'm on a proper emotional roller coaster. Need to get better for my little boy. My Husbands been amazing support I'm so lucky. I have belly button cut then one on pubic line near my c section and one to the right, they took my right tube out. There does seem to be a few of us at the moment x

I've had some tramadol and feel a little more settled now. I just don't feel hungry at all but need to eat to keep my energy up I guess

Typed that twice, I haven't had too lots of tramadol lol I'm a little woozy though, blame the drugs x

Ye I can't believe how neat it is I have the two cuts on both pubic bone one on my waist and then my belly button. My belly button looks nothing like it used to lol. Codeine have been my savior along with paracetamol and ibruprofen. All I keep stressing over is iv ruined my chances now of giving my partner a baby I already have three boys he hasn't got any children. I really hope I can still conceive and all is ok the next time round. I'm scared tho because I don't want it to happen again. I also had my right tube removed xxx

hi, I had my surgery last tues and I got my dressings off on the Wednesday then the steri strips just fell off in time.

the incision at my belly button is quite sore when I stretch or wear jean, the pubic bone one just looks minging! but the one at my left side is so sore and itchy and its driving me nuts!!

I didn't get a belly button incision because I had a tummy tuck a few years ago and they moved my belly button so they couldn't use it. Instead I've got a cut just below my left boob and I gotta say it's so sore! I can't wear a bra at all because it just rubs like crazy. :(

Thanks ladies. I just feel so full and bloated! How the bloated belly goes down soon. Can't get comfy at night either and find it worse getting up after being laid all night

I had 3 incisions done by keyhole - one on my pubic bone, one on my left hip area & one in my belly button.

I changed my dressing the day after surgery & then took it off completely after 3 days & had daily showers where I sat down & just let the hot water run down it.. they healed within 10/14 days..

I was given the painkillers but I refused to take them as I was still pregnant with the twin in my uterus & didn't want to take MORE stuff just in-case so I was in soooooo much pain - URGH :'( but sadly I still lost that one 6days later.

Just make-sure you are eating & sleeping as well as you can & you will be on the mend in no time. Physically anyway; it takes a long time to get over it mentally.. I don't think I ever will.

I actually conceived on Mothers Day when I was in tears about the ectopic & OH gave me the good loving & we fell pregnant!!

xx

Thanks ladies. It helps to know people who have physically gone through the same procedure xx

Sorry another question. How long did you bleed for? It's non flipping stop ha. Can't be much more surely

I am 12 days post op... I was bleeding HEAVILY until two days ago, with light bleeding yesterday and so far nothing today but I'm thinking when I get up and move around it'll start up again... (((((HUGS)))))

I had my op Friday last week and by mo day night I had no more bleeding. I did have a lot of blood free flowing in my pelvis (over a litre) that was drained during surgery and then I had a drainage bag coming from my stomach for 24hours after my op so maybe that's y I only bled a few days xxx

Thanks. I'm the same it keeps stopping and starting!

Six days on and think the bleedings stopped down there! Stopped my tramadol as I don't want to rely on them and taking over the counter painkillers. Hubby's backs to work tomorrow so home alone a week with our two year old. Teaching him to climb out of bed on his step ha so I don't have to lift him xx I will get through this and come out of the other side stronger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back