Eclampsia worries...

Fly

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum but am hoping someone might be able to set my mind at rest a little...

My son was born 6 weeks early back in '98 as i got eclampsia and got very poorly very quickly so had to have an emergency c section...

Now my blood pressure has stayed slightly raised ever since although is not "high" but i understand this is totally normal after having eclampsia as bad as I did...I also remember the consultant ten years ago sayin that it was slightly more likely that i would get it again with subsequent pregnancies but very unlikely that it would come that early (30 weeks when it was diagnosed) again and if it did hit would come at the very end of the pregnancy...

Now I am not wantin another experience like me first obviously!! Things are totally different this time round - am alot more relaxed and with benefit of age and wisdom I now know I am not superwoman and will be more strict with myself bout getting rest and taking naps and will generally look after myself a hell of a lot better this time round...

But I was wondering if there were any mums out there who had eclampsia with a first pregancy that have gone on to have other pregnancies ? can you offer me any advice or reassurance please ?

I really want a home birth and as little intervention as possible with this pregnancy although i realise they will probably monitor protein levels and blood pressure quite closely...

Any advice greatfully received

Love n Sunshine
Fly xxx

hi hun i had it with my daughter , i was induced at 35+5 weeks, : i was told after 9 years your body thinks of the pregnancy as your first again, i didnt have it with my son (1st), i would make sure your doc knows you had it and they will keep an extra eye on you :hug:

I didn't have it with my first but have the signs now with my second, so you may not get it again xx

Thanks mary and babylicious xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back