ebay tests

sazzleevans

Reaction score
Hi

One of the ladies onthe site kindly sent me her unused ebay tests a few weeks ago. I have chilled with all the testing as i have given up hope that it will "just happen when i relax" and have booked an appointment at a private clinic next month in the hope we can start ivf.

Anyway, last night i decided to just try one of the tests as i cant remember quite where i am on my cycle and got an almost instant BFP!! I nearly fell over. Then the testing bug hit me and i got up again in the night and did one and again this morning. The other two tests didnt react the same. Theres something very faint...very very very faint on the one i did at 3am and then the one at 8am has a line but to me its seems too far over likes it where the test is drying but its big and it dark.

Just wanted to ask how good the tests are. I am not going to allow myself to go nuts and buy loads of tests as i dont think af is due until maybe saturday. What do you think?

Congrats again to tracey2. If your reading this girl i would love to join you soon!!!!

Sarah

PS I think my ticker is wrong by a few days as i do remember af was late last month!

I tested with eBay tests Sarah, and they've always been great for me.

Tescos do 2 traditional pregnancy tests for £3.88 too - maybe worth getting some of those closer to the weekend if you are still getting BFPs on eBay tests.

I won't say congrats yet if you are being cautious, but its looking good and I am ROOTING for you! Let us know how you get on.

Valentine Xxx

I used the ebay tests the last time...and a tescos one...Asda do these new ones, which I dont like, took ages for my BFP to come up!

Thanks girls. I was being ever so good not testing, not thinking about ttc as much as before and i have felt so much better. It did seem to take over EVERYTHING!! I wish i hadnt tested now. Its just in was in the draw and i thought why not. So now my will power is all buggered up.

Went to Asda and get one of their tests, which i am not fussing on but they are very cheap. If you stand on one leg, rip the plastic packaging off and shut one eye maybe you can see something :oops: not like the ebay on i did last night though which come up bold very quickly.

Will have to wait and see i suppose. I think i will test next on Sunday. :rotfl: Yesp, Sunday if i can keep my calm until then or if af doesnt arrive.

Good luck everyone. Its good coming on here i cant stand taking about it to anyone else, i feel its just like moan moan moan, give me a baby, give me a baby....well not just anyones :hug:

I don't like ebay tests but only because I got really faint lines on them but darker lines on everyother test I did :wall: I have never had a false positive using them though :)

I'd recommend tesco tests, they were good for me, first response were aswell and clearblue digital (yes I tested alot :oops: haha)

Good luck :)

Hi hun im not overly keen on the ebay tests either i too have heard alot of good things about the tesco's ones aswell also boots own arent bad either. this time i only tested with a CB digi at 12 dpo last monday and it was posative so good luck sweety for when you next test and il keep that seat warm in tri 1 for you! :cheer: :hug: :pray:

I used Ebay tests and I thought they were great, and very accurate.
Good luck hun, fingers crossed for you.

I've had a line on all but one of the internet cheapies I've peed on :evil: and I bought a pack of 30! :evil: :evil: :evil: They ranged from very very faint, to faint but clear enough that people on here could see it when I posted pics. I know quite a few other women who always get lines on them too. I even POASed a couple of days after my period to see if I'd get a line then - and I did.

I asked my GP about them because I was worried about the faint lines, and he said the clinic used to use them but stopped because they had a 50% accuracy rate. 50% of women got an accurate result, the other 50% were roughly half false positives and half false negatives. So the clinic switched to Clear Blue tests.

Having said that, I've never heard of a strong line being a false positive, so it sounds very promising. Also, other than when I had a chemical pregnancy, I've never got a line on any other brand - so the fact you could see sth on the Asda one is also a good sign.

There are two different kinds of cheapie - one is sensitive to 25mIU and one to 10 mIU. Most HPTs are 25. So it is possible your ebays are testing to 10, and your Asda to 25, and you're still very early days.

Good luck!

Thanks. Yea i am not getting my hopes up but to see such a bold line was such a shock. No holding to the light or dancing around the light bulb like a little bee just a clear line BUT in saying that it was a 10m test from ebay. I never get my hopes up too much as i used to get this quite a lot before hence i am on clexaine as they think my body rejects my pregancies are foreign bodies.

This is my 3rd month on clexaine so i am hoping as it the first time i have seen a bfp sinc ebeing on the drug i might be in with a shot.

If not i am emptying all the jars around the house to go for ivf. We have our first appointment on the 10th April.

Its not about the cash but if i could get a bfp without spending a few grand i havent really got that would be fab!! :dance:

I use ebay OPK tests which are great. I've heard good things about the pregnancy tests too but i suppose it depends on the company you got them from. Generally though they should be reliable. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back