Eating all the time!

Jimmer

Reaction score
Morning all

Just want a bit of your opinions.
My wife is a bit concerned because she is hungry ALL THE TIME. She had a very fast metabolism before pregnancy, and I know it goes up, but she is absolutely famished half an hour after a full meal and has to have something else to eat.
Does anyone else feel similar, or did anyone else feel like this and it went away after a while?
Just want to know if there is any advice I can pass on to help her!

Thank you all!
Jimmer

hey jimmer!

i can relate to that too, i seem to be really hungry all of the time, i read up on it as they say the whole eating for 2 thing isnt correct as the baby takes tiny amounts (boo!! i like using that saying!!) however it did say not to mistake hunger for thirst so now when i feel hungry not long after a meal i have a glass of water and if the feeling is still there i have fruit only in between meals.

Yep!! i can relate to your wife lol

Although i havent ate half as much as i thought i would do whilst pregnant, i do find myself hungry very very often!!

Especially after eating a meal, last night i had shepards pie and then an hour or so later ate a big bowl of cereal - i only stopped at that becuase i went to bed lol

I found whether I ate a full meal or just a sandwich I was hungry again a couple of hours later. Made no difference to the meal sizes. It did ease off for a while at about 22 weeks but I'm hungry again all the time now. Eat little and often.

Thank you all - maybe will try some sort of slow release cereal in the evening. It is like she has a furnace inside her - any food just disappears in a puff of smoke!

Oooh yes, I had this all the way through, especially first tri. Unfortunately I am now 2 and a half stone heavier :( I definitely think it is related to thirst as I drink so much more water now. I also agree with the eat little and often :D

Same here i can be absolutely stuffed from a big meal then half an hour later famished again, just learned to snack on healthy things and not eat such big meals !!

I have been going through phases! One minute Im hungry all the time, the next, I have no appetite at all! :?

Yep can totally relate, from about 16 weeks as soon as morning sickness went away the insane hunger took over! I try and make sure I eat regularly, snack a jacks help as they are relatively low fat but have some nice flavours and seem to take the edge off the hunger. Can't even count how many packets I have gone through, I should get shares in the company :rotfl:

As long as what she eats is not entirely junk food based I wouldn't worry. Little and often is a good idea.
good luck!

Hels

me too, I'm hungry all the time. I take plenty of fruit with me to work and graze all day. I also chuck in a nutri grain bar and a cheese stick :D It keeps me going.

I have no room for food and since horrific MS my appitite has wained so am the compleate opposite.

I agree with the water suggestion and have been on strict little and often diet for some time which kills me- never eaten so much in my life! so that may help.

As long as she eats healthily she will be fine Im sure, lots of fruit and veg is never a bad thing!

I used to feel like that for a bit lol now there isn't as much space left in there and I have to snack small and often instead as I can't tackle a full meal lol :lol:

Jimmer said:
Morning all

Just want a bit of your opinions.
My wife is a bit concerned because she is hungry ALL THE TIME. She had a very fast metabolism before pregnancy, and I know it goes up, but she is absolutely famished half an hour after a full meal and has to have something else to eat.
Does anyone else feel similar, or did anyone else feel like this and it went away after a while?
Just want to know if there is any advice I can pass on to help her!

Thank you all!
Jimmer

Tell her if she eats too much and gains too much weight she'll have a 12 pound baby which will hurt like hell to birth.
Didn't she watch big babies the other night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back