• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scans

Littlerayray

Reaction score
I've noticed a few people have had / are having early scans. I was under the impression that we didn't get one until we were 12-13 weeks? I'm very new to this so perhaps I'm mistaken. Or is it because you're going private rather than on the NHS? I'm 4+4 and would love a scan soon but thought I'd have to wait....

Scans r done on the nhs at 12 weeks unless theres a problem,quite a few ladies that have early scans have had bleeding or previous miscarriage. u can pay 4 a private scan from 7 weeks i think xx

I paid for a private scan at 7 and a half weeks - it was more for reassurance than anything else, and because I didn't want to wait until the end of July for my official one - my antenatal care is in Ireland, and I'll be about 14 weeks before my first scan.

I had mine because I needed a dating scan, and had been admitted to hospital, and had 2 previous miscarriages x

I had an early miscarriage in march so we booked a private scan with a company called babybond. I just want some reassurance that everything is ok. It costs £99 and I'll have it a week today- I can't wait!

I had a missed MC in march after spotting, and weeks of spotting again this time, round so that's the only reason I ended up with 2 early scans, it is lovely fokr reassurance, but doesn't prvent anythinghappening to baby after the scan. If I hadn't had one on NHS, I had started looking up the private ones, ad prob would have paid in the end.

Good luck

Last edited:
i had no problems but wanted to know my dates so booked a private one at 9 weeks for £99 at babybond too, im glad of this coz nhs didnt give me an appt til 14 weeks! xx

yeah I had alot of early scans due to bleeding and then just recently I have had a bleed behind the placenta so had scans to keep and eye on that xx

I had a reassurance scan at 7 weeks as I had a small amount of brown discharge and they wanted to make sure I wasnt ectopic too as I had chest/shoulder pains as well. I had my normal scan at 12 weeks then on Monday I had a scan at 15+6 as I was suffering left sided abdominal pain so again just for reassurance. Were luckly to have an Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU) at the hospital that see's ladies who are having problems before 19 weeks.

I think it also changes with age, too...
My aunt was considered an "older lady" having her 3rd baby at 40, and she had a few losses and an ectopic along the way too, so was higher risk.
She had scans at 6, 9, 12, 15, and 20 weeks! I think she may have gotten the 9-and-15 week scans privately, though, as I don't see the NHS providing that many!

i had my first early scan cause of previous m/c and 2nd due 2 bleeding both on nhs im due for another one next week. but i proberly would have gone private if not.

ive had one at 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 11 weeks, 12 weeks, just over 14 weeks, 16 weeks and one on Tues there all by the nhs xx

Is there a reason for them, though, Claire? x

yeah Ive had a lot of bleeding at the beginning and at 11 weeks they found that there was a large bleed behind the placenta and were concerned that the placenta would attach from the uterus wall and then there would be a miscarrage, they have been really good at the EPAS at the hospital with me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back