• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early Scan!

Bunny82

Reaction score
As I had had some brown discharge for several days my doctor sent me for an Early Scan on Wednesday!

I was sooo nervous and had a big cry the night before ... when we got there I met a lovely nurse who i spoke to first about everything and then had my scan!

Saw the baby's heartbeat straight away on the screen - I was soooo relived and then she let me have a copy of the picture of my little blueberry!

After she explained that the discahrge can come from the cervix, which when not pregnant is like a polo mint .. afterwards it becomes like a blood filled purple sponge and the blood pumps around your pelvic area and sometimes comes away from the sides and thats why you can get brown discharge!

Even though ive had my scan and was sooo happy to see what was there, im still worrying - wish I could have a scan everyday haha

x

Last edited:
Awww but i bet your so pleased to get an early scan and see everything is ok, the risk goes down after hearing the heartbeat just remember that. You will be ok xxx

thats great news - lol at having a scan every day - that would be fab eh!!! well done you x x x

Maybe they should invent a 'baby scan' app for your i phone, lol, bet that would be popular!! Congrats hun, that is brilliant news :) xx

Do you know that you can buy one of the heart beat machine thingys to use at home?
They are even for sale on ebay and a lot cheaper than shop prices. I only recently found this out but would have got one if i knew about them sooner as i would have loved to have a wee listen any time i was worried. Just a thought for anyone interested as i know how worrying it can be especially before you feel movements from baby!

I wouldnt buy one of the doppler to reassure yourself if you are worried, i thought they we so good but now im a worrying wreck as i havnt been able to find baby for a few days, ive now hid mine and will probally never use it again! x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

god it is nerve racking!! but thank god everything is okay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back