early scan today:(

mamma bella

Reaction score
I had my early scan today at what should be 8 weeks, I really fought hard to have it as I had a blighted ovum in Feb and a d&c so I just wanted to put my mind at rest on this pregnancy. The scan showed that I was actually 6 weeks, he couldn't see much on the regular scan so he did an internal one too but my bladder was still fairly full so it was hard to see.

He said the embryo is measuring 3 mm and he could barley make out a heart beat but was positive enough. I have to have another scan in 2 weeks, he maintains I could have ovulated late as a result of the d&c and I've been calculating since I ovulated( I always know as I get bad pains in my ovaries) and it would be 6 weeks if calculated from then! I'm so worried now and am trying to be positive, I soooo wanted to go in today and be told everything is ok:( I still have a few symptoms but had been a bit worried as I haven't had many!

Anyway thanks for listening, feeling very sorry for myself, I think I'll just have a big tub of Chocolate Chip ice-cream and make myself feel better:cry:

Lxx

Hi,

you will be fine - just stay positive, i know its really hard im around 7 weeks ( well i think until im told otherwise lol )

just new to this forum just trying to get to grip with things x x

Aw hun I know what you mean about going in and being told all is ok, its so difficult not to worry too. The fact he said its positive enough is a good thing though? Poor you having to fight to get the scan too. Hope things get better x x

Sounds all very fitting about the late ovulation Mamabella, and that matches what you felt with you body at the time. I am 6 weeks today, and guessing not much in there yet at all at this stage, so perhaps the doc is right, go with it for now, you can do nothing to change it, hard , but try to keep positive, othing negative has been said, and good they will check you again soon to save the waiting

Ice Cream sounded great therapy!! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back