Early scan :)

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Ok so i went to the docs today as my nose has been playing up and told him about my pregnancy, anyway i phoned the early unit myself and they said I can come down for an early scan, its really made me feel very relived because at least at that scan they can rule out blighted ovum and stuff, ill be 7.5weeks by then.

Still scary though...

x

Well done sharne i think its reasurring that you can have an early scan. :D

I wished my docs would have offered me one but they didn't ive just got to wait for my 12 week one. :(

You haven't got long to wait for yours hunni x :hug:

yeah chick im sure they will i dont think they can date you at 7.5 can they ? to do all the checks they do at 12 wks ? :think:

Anyway you put your feet up :hug:

Yay!! Really pleased to hear that! It's unlikely a Blighted Ovum can strick twice, or so I read. I've had one before and have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. Ooo I'm really hoping you will finally see a little heartbeat on the screen! Take it easy, hun :hug:

angiemum2b said:
yeah chick im sure they will i dont think they can date you at 7.5 can they ? to do all the checks they do at 12 wks ? :think:

Anyway you put your feet up :hug:

Yeah they can measure it and date it but i just want to know theres an "it" this time you know? until i know im not getting any hopes up...

x

Looking at your BFP pic in your signature I'm sure everything will be fine...a strong BFP like that must be reassuring.

:D

That's brilliant :hug:

Make sure you bug them for the 12 week scan, my hospital wanted me to wait til 20 weeks after the early one til I made a fuss! xx

That's great news Sharne! They will be able to date you from that scan. My EDD has never changed since my emergency scan at 6 weeks 5 days. :)

That was a great idea on your part Steelgoddess, and I'm sure all will be well at the scan :hug: :hug: :hug:
At our hospital (they're all different though these days), if you have a scan before 6wks you get a 12wk one too, but any after 6wks and they don't give a 12wk. However, in your case, I've no doubt they'll arrange a 12wk for you, just make sure they know that too :D Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

sunnyday said:
Looking at your BFP pic in your signature I'm sure everything will be fine...a strong BFP like that must be reassuring.

:D

Im hoping it is...

:think:

That is amazing. It will put your mind at ease definately and I am so pleased they have offered you a scan at 7.5 weeks. They will definately still do a 12 week scan because that is a routine thing I believe?

My 6 week scan is on friday and will be so nervous for it, I do hope they offer us a picture even if it is something tiny to see. I read somewhere on here than scans on nhs for so early dont offer pictures?

Neev said:
That is amazing. It will put your mind at ease definately and I am so pleased they have offered you a scan at 7.5 weeks. They will definately still do a 12 week scan because that is a routine thing I believe?

My 6 week scan is on friday and will be so nervous for it, I do hope they offer us a picture even if it is something tiny to see. I read somewhere on here than scans on nhs for so early dont offer pictures?

I hope they do hon, oooo best of luck how excting!!!

x

Neev said:

We never got any pics of our early scans. (Not for lack of trying mind you) I know *some* places do though. It varies from hospital to hospital. :)

Oh I really hope this hospital does. I will be literally begging them if they dont..fingers crossed all will go well though. Very nervous but excited at the same time.

Oh redshoes I did not realise they might not give a 12 week scan - I was taking the system for granted - thanks for letting me know, I will double check with my docs because they have given me a 6 week scan automatically. Sure will want the 12 week one too! :moon:

I had my scan today and they still said i will have another at 14 weeks, the hospital i went to today though was not the hospital that i have chosen to have my maternity appointments at, but they said even if it was then they would still do my other scan.
Good luck to all the upcoming scans and all the best sharne xxx

Neev that's what I was told by my MW after our 5wk scan with Isaac, but it could be their surgery policy, or the hospital's I went to for the scan, so don't take my word for it, especially seeing as sometimes there's a greater need for early scans regardless of a definite 12wk. I;m sure they would have said you'd not get one when you got the earlier scan offer anyway, them not mentioning it sounds like your 12wk is still happening :hug: :hug: :hug:

MissSara that's also great news that they said you will have a 14wk scan too :hug: They change so quickly, it will be lovely to see the 10wk to 14wk change in your little one :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww im glad u got an early scan sharne. good luck! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back