Early scan but no baby

fun1uk

Reaction score
I know I've already posted on my group but hoping some Jan/Feb mummies can reassure me.
I think my lmp was 2nd June. We only dtd once on the 17th. I thought my dates would be 5+6. Went for a early scan at epu due to previous mc's and all they could see was a pregnancy sac and yolk sac. No baby. Lady said it early as they date me at a 5 week pregnancy on the scan. I had a early scan with my boy at same time and saw his heartbeat so surely there should at least be a baby even if no heartbeat yet.

Has anyone else had this and all still turned out OK? I'm being re scanned on the 27th. I had a slight speck of blood after the scan too which was internal.

Also I did a clear blue digi on the 5th which was 2-3 and I still haven't got my 3+ yet. Surely after that long I should have?

It's going to be a very long wait till my next check up. No symptoms too now 😢

I was dated 5 weeks went back 2 weeks later and was almost 8 5 weeks is still early I now have my little boy so all was ok x

Sperm can survive for a few days inside you and scans can be a few days off so the dates are not that far off. With an early scan sometimes baby seems to be in an awkward position and is harder to see. Baby is really tiny and they are measuring in mm so it is hard to be very accurate that early. A lot depends on how good the equipment of the sonographer is too. A lot of people find dates on digis are not accurate for them. I can understand why you are worried, Im sure I would be too, but I think it is just too early to be sure what is going on. Hope you get answers soon and that its all okay. Hugs

I had a scan at 5+5 and they only saw yolk and sac, went back at 8+4 and saw baby and heartbeat, it was such an amazing feeling so try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done! X

Aww I'm so sorry this must be such a worry! I've heard so many stories of early scans where baby catches up so I have everything crossed it will be ok

Yes this happened to me, 6 weeks and nothing, 7 weeks a dot and then I'm a few weeks a little baby. It was tough trying to keep my mind busy, I was starting to think I dreamt the whole test/missed period. But he is currently picking up Pokemon cards and tryingredients to negotiate more biscuits. Congratulations x

Most places won't scan you until youre at least 6+weeks because they won't be able to see the baby if it's less than that. :) x

I'm surprised they scanned you so early, more likely not to see anything than see something so early on. Easier said than done but try not to worry as it's very unlikely to see anything before 6 weeks xx

I had a scan with my youngest at 5+5 and only saw yolk and sac. They also put my dates back to around 4.5/5weeks. I went back 2 weeks later and there was a little prawn shapes baby with a fluttering heartbeat and they put my dates back to what I originally thought they should be. She's now a healthy 20 month old.
Good luck chick and try not to worry.x

also regarding the tests with my youngest I didn't get a 3+ till 6 weeks exactly and because I had a spare test I also tested the next day at 6+1 and the result went back to 2-3! It was at that point I realised the tests were driving me mental.

With my eldest and with this pregnancy I got a 3+ at 5 weeks. So those tests really should be taken with a pinch of salt as they vary so much due to so many different factors.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Very reassuring to know you been through it too.
I just need to get passed these next long 2 weeks xx

I'm going through the same thing at the moment. I started bleeding last Friday, and was scanned on Tuesday when I should have been 7+2, however the midwife could not find anything on the scan,and my 48hr bloods have showed a rise, but how much of a rise the dr didn't say. The thing is don't dismiss the possibility that there is nothing there, but at these early weeks it is possible for the scan to just miss the babe... Unfortunately sitting tight and seeing how things develop is sometimes the best thing we can do.....

I did another digi today and it's gone up to 3+ which has reassured me slightly that things may be progressing slowly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back