Early Scan-Booked it on a whim!

princessp

Reaction score
I did it. Booked an early Scan for tomorrow. I was hoping to wait until next week as I had one at 8 weeks 5 days last time and it looked sort of like a baby lol! the clinic I attended last time don't have any appointments for next week so I looked at another clinic and they have an appointment tomorrow so I booked it on a whim. Now I;m worrying that it's too early and I'm not going to get the reassurenace I'm looking for. any one else had a scan at around 7 weeks 3 days?

Oh how exciting! I'll be stalking tomorrow for a pic!I wouldn't worry, I've known people to have early scans at 5-6 weeks and the yolk sac etc. can be seen. Surely they wouldn't book you in if it was too early?

I wonder what you'll see at 7+3?

xx

Last edited:
I had an early one at 7 weeks. I seen a kidney bean shaped baby with a flickering heartbeat x

This was my one at 7 weeks ...
It was taken from the screen which is why it's a bit blurry but we heard their heartbeats too X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
In my last pregnancy I had scans due to some minor bleeding and I think I was 6 weeks 5 days and saw a tiny round ball with heart beat. Then had a scan at 8 weeks 5 days and saw something that sort of resembled a baby so I was hoping to wait until around 8 weeks as it seemed more real then. I'm expected the tiny round ball again tomorrow (Fingers crossed). I've found my scans from last time. I'll try to upload them

This is my scan two years ago at 7 weeks exactly. I'll be 7 weeks 3 days tomorrow so it will be similar I imagine.

Attachments

• scan at 7 weeks exactly.jpg
    scan at 7 weeks exactly.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
I was exactly 7+2 at our early viability scan (transvaginal) everything looked perfect, sac, pole & a little flicker of the heartbeat. Best of luck xxx

I had mine last Friday - my dates 7 weeks, they measure it more at 6 but I saw a heartbeat and a bean :) xxxxx

thanks all. It's at 12:30. can't believe I've booked it. Hope it gives me the reassurance I want. Also I hope they don't put my dates back. Sometime I have longer cycles so they could very well do so.

argh!! Not a good experience! All is well it's just the sonographer was quite rude. I was stuck outside for 10mins waiting with no answer. The next client also turned up. We phoned the contact number and there was no answer, then when sh finally turned up, 15mins late she didn't apologise, she just said, come in. Then she scanned me and didn't say much, just that baby was measuring at 7 weeks 1 day (two days behind what I thought) but that's fine, and that I have a cysts on my ovary. She said that cysts were quite common in early pregnancy but that mine was bigger than what she would expert, The screen was blurry so I couldn't see much but she found heartbeat and yolk sac etc. She then sent me on my way with some blurry pictures which I can't make out at all and also said she could only find eveidnece of one baby but couldn't rule out twins at this early stage!

Sorry to hear she was so rude. But at least now you have some reassurance. :)
Did she say if you should do something about the cysts? Will they check them again?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

she said that they will check for cysts on my dating scan so to wait until then. I felt like she was rushing the appointment so I doind't get chance to ask any questions. I was in and out in under 5 mins.

Was this a private scan? I would complain about that! It's good baby is well though, just a shame that she rushed it. They noticed a cyst in my ovary at an early scan, apparently it's a good indicator of which side you ovulated from. I just mentioned it to my midwife at my 12 week scan but they were never concerned.

yes she said a cyst is normal on the ovary you ovulated from in early pregnancy but mine is 4cm which she said is larger than she would expect to be a normal cysts realting to ovulation. 4cm does seem quite large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back