Early riser :(

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
My baby wakes up between 530-545 every morning. It makes no difference of I feed him and put Him Back down, he's awake for the day. I've tried leaving him, feeding him, arg!

I'd love him to sleep till 7, but would be happy with any time after 6; it feels more human. I now don't feed him until 7-730, even of I get up with him super early, but nothing works!

Any advice?? Thanks xx

Owen's the same. I can't help I'm afraid but you're not alone x

What time does he go to bed? Sebastian used to get up at 5.30 when his bedtime was 6pm so we made his bedtime later and he now sleeps until between 6.30-7 x

Owen wakes anytime between 5.30 and 6.15!( goes to bed about 6pm) But he has his morning feed at 6.30 so it's not so bad as I then have to get ready for work !

He has his bath at 6, then by the time I've dressed him etc, he starts his last feed at 630, an is put down about 7. I couldn't really push it much later I don't think....?

No probably not :( he'll probably grow out of it hon x I know that's not much help now though

It's hard work isn't it! I remember childminding a LO overnight around a year ago. He went to bed at 6.30pm and was awake by 5.30am, it killed me! There was nothing we could do to keep him awake later at night either!

Luckily Jack goes to bed between 8.30pm & 9pm every night and wakes between 7.00-7.30am, I guess i'm one of the lucky ones though? Although he does still have a night feed x

Owen did this til he was about one then suddenly a week before his first birthday he slept til, 8am, then 8.30am one day!! now he ranges between 7 and 8.20 wake up. it's amazing!!!! I hope he starts having a lie in soon xx

Personally I don't think there's anything you can do unfortunately, I think you get either get an early rider or you don't. My eldest likes to get up early, luckily he's now of the age where I can tell him to look at the clock and not get up till 6am! No matter what time he goes to bed, he's always up at the same time.

Jax was up at 5.22am this morning too so looks like he's going the same way!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Owen did this til he was about one then suddenly a week before his first birthday he slept til, 8am, then 8.30am one day!! now he ranges between 7 and 8.20 wake up. it's amazing!!!! I hope he starts having a lie in soon xx

Ah, I'm so hoping A does this!!'

Claire, I don't think i could keep him up that late, I like my evenings too much! I tried to keephim up later but it didn't make any difference to the morning time! :(

Ah, I'm so hoping A does this!!'

Claire, I don't think i could keep him up that late, I like my evenings too much! I tried to keephim up later but it didn't make any difference to the morning time! :(

I'd like him to go to bed by 7pm when he's a bit older and sleeping right through but at the moment if I put him down any earlier than 8pm he thinks it's just for a nap and is awake half an hour later lol.

I'm hoping he's an early riser because I am up by 7am most mornings so i'd be sitting downstairs twiddling my thumbs every morning if he wasn't lol. Plus I start work at 7.30am (childminder) so i;d like us both up and dressed before the kiddies arrive, when i'm back working that is x

Devon was like this , until just recently, I think he drinks more cows milk in the evening than he used to with breastmilk, gave up when he was 12 months and he is 13 months now, and I get about 1 hour extra in bed at least, so could be 6am or 7am, so getting better, also with crawling about, cruising he is getting more tired. I do have to watch he does not get too late or long a nap in the afternoon tho, he gets between 1 hour or 1.5 hrs total nap time in the daytime.

Hope it gets better soon

Yeah, it's not like he sleeps for ages during the day either, 2 naps, and never lasting more than an hour! I'm wondering whether it's a training thing? I tried to resettle
Him the other day at 5:20, using the same exhniques I use to get him to sleep for daytime naps or f he wakes in the middle of the night, but he literally screamed till 6am!!!

Lucy will be one on Monday and she has always been an early riser!! At one point it was 0430 now it's anything between 0500 and 0530 if I'm lucky 0600, I've been back to work 6 months now and tbh I've got used to it although I'm always tired!!. I've tried leaving her in her cot, later bedtime, earlier bedtime, less and more daytime naps dreamfeeds etc and always wakes early!! I just go to bed really early and hope she will grow out of it soon. Sorry Hun just wanted to let you know my experience , hope your little one sleeps a bit longer for you soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back