Early reassurance scan

Zara96

Reaction score
I went for a early reassurance scan last week and they could only see a sac the sonographer said I could be around 5 weeks and not 6 weeks like I thought but is this normal and I feeling abit worried about it now I have to go back on 6th august for another scan. Anyone else experienced this. Xx

I went for a early reassurance scan last week and they could only see a sac the sonographer said I could be around 5 weeks and not 6 weeks like I thought but is this normal and I feeling abit worried about it now I have to go back on 6th august for another scan. Anyone else experienced this. Xx

Yes, I was seven weeks when I went for my scan but they put me back a week to six weeks. Slightly different experience to you as they could see a heartbeat. I was still terrified BUT at my scan at 12+5 my son was measuring at exactly 12+5. Turns out my dates were right and maybe the measuring at the first scan was off?

Hopefully it was just too soon and next time you'll see a bean in your scan :)

Yes, I was seven weeks when I went for my scan but they put me back a week to six weeks. Slightly different experience to you as they could see a heartbeat. I was still terrified BUT at my scan at 12+5 my son was measuring at exactly 12+5. Turns out my dates were right and maybe the measuring at the first scan was off?

Hopefully it was just too soon and next time you'll see a bean in your scan :)
Thank you for replying I am so worried apart of me wishes I never booked a early scan now I so scared. I am worried that they wont find anything in my sac next time around and the 6th seems so far away. The couldnt see anything last time just a sac but I am hoping I was off with my dates xx

I was exactly the same as you. Went at what I thought was 6 weeks and expecting to see something and there was only a sac and the sonographer said to me “I’m not convinced I can see an embryo”. Went back 10 days later at what I thought was 7+4 and they did see baby saying it measures 6+5 and there was a heartbeat.
Private scan on Monday at 10+1 and baby measured perfectly to my dates.
It’s scary and sometimes makes you feel worse not better. I remember thinking I wish I just hadn’t seen it because It caused me extra stress for a while x

Q q
I was exactly the same as you. Went at what I thought was 6 weeks and expecting to see something and there was only a sac and the sonographer said to me “I’m not convinced I can see an embryo”. Went back 10 days later at what I thought was 7+4 and they did see baby saying it measures 6+5 and there was a heartbeat.
Private scan on Monday at 10+1 and baby measured perfectly to my dates.
It’s scary and sometimes makes you feel worse not better. I remember thinking I wish I just hadn’t seen it because It caused me extra stress for a while x
It so scary when they cant see anything she also asked me if I had any pains or any bleeding which made me more worried but I havent had any of them. Oh wow that's lovely to hear congratulations and it has reassured me made me feel a little bit better. Thank you. Xx

Q q

It so scary when they cant see anything she also asked me if I had any pains or any bleeding which made me more worried but I havent had any of them. Oh wow that's lovely to hear congratulations and it has reassured me made me feel a little bit better. Thank you. Xx

Yeah I know what you mean about it causing more worry when it was meant to relieve it :/ I think if I get pregnant again I'll make myself wait until eight weeks rather than rushing in at seven.

Yeah I know what you mean about it causing more worry when it was meant to relieve it :/ I think if I get pregnant again I'll make myself wait until eight weeks rather than rushing in at seven.
Yeah I have been on edge since I had the scan and yeah I wish I had aswell now so scary. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back