Early miscarriage

RobsLouise

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I found out last Friday that I was pregnant- period was due that day and my temperature was still raised so I took a test out if curiosity and was shocked to see pregnant 1-2 weeks on the digi test. To be honest it didn't feel right from the start but I have nothing to compare to so may be talking total bollocks but I was forever feeling like my period was going to start and I even had a dream on the same day that I had a miscarriage.
Anyway, after a weekend away I went back to work yesterday feeling pregnant still- had very sore boobs and nausea but I just wanted to be at home (nothing too unusual there though, my job is crappy!). Then at about 8pm I had quite painful cramping- like period pains, and I just knew it was over. I went to the loo and noticed the tiniest bit of pale spotting, I was upset and asked my husband to get me some sanitary towels. He said I was probably over reacting but I was adamant it was over. My sore breasts had virtually disappeared and I was just waiting for it to happen.
I took my temp this morning and sure enough it had dropped. Went to the loo (still no blood at this point) at 7am and passed 3 large clots. I did a pregnancy test and it said "not pregnant" . I wasn't surprised but I was so upset and shocked at how quickly things changed. I feel like such a fraud for feeling upset as I was literally only just pregnant!

Sorry for the long post, somehow it helps to write it down! :cry:

awww hunny i am sorry :hugs: dont feel like a fraud you have a right to feel gutted you still lost a child sweety

Thanks Lynette.
I even said on Friday that wasn't going to get excited until we knew things were at least moving in the right direction- mentally I thought I'd be ok if it didn't stick. I was very wrong, spent most of last night and this morning crying!

I went to the dr's this morning and she did an internal (totally gross as I had started to bleed) and she said my womb felt closed but enlarged so I had probably passed it all but she's still sending me for a scan to make sure. I was quite surprised to be honest as it was so so early on in the pregnancy I just assumed there would be no point in a scan especially after the negative test.

I think they like to check whether everything's passed or not hun, hence the scan and at least they are keeping an eye on you which is great.

Don't feel like a fraud, you have every right to be upset. We are all here to support you. Let us know how you get on xxxxxxxxxxxx

I went to the dr's this morning and she did an internal (totally gross as I had started to bleed) and she said my womb felt closed but enlarged so I had probably passed it all but she's still sending me for a scan to make sure. I was quite surprised to be honest as it was so so early on in the pregnancy I just assumed there would be no point in a scan especially after the negative test.

I am glad your Dr took you seriously hun - sadly when I had my Chemical Pregnancy last month nobody gave a crap. My GP wouldn't blood test me in time and the EPU wouldn't scan (there is nothing to see at 5 weeks :shock:)

Chemical Pregnancy is the term given to very early Miscarriage (it normally occurs within a week of you having a positive result and as it has never been verified by a 3rd party it is not classed as a M/C)

A loss is a loss and you are entitled to feel sad. I had my CP last month at 5w 4d and had only know I was pregnant for 4 days when it all began (took a few days to go from spotting to an actual CP).

I am glad you are recieving good medical support hun and I hope you get a sticky bean soon

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry you've had to go through this. You shouldn't feel bad at feeling so upset, when you want something so much and you think you have it only for it to be taken away is heartbreaking. FX you will get your BFP and sticky bean soon. xxx

Yeah, I didn't think they would scan me because it was so early. I literally just went to the dr's for advice really so I was surprised when she called me to tell me she wanted me to go for a scan. I know there's nothing there- I'm not bleeding properly like a period but I keep passing clots when I go to the loo and the negative test confirmed it for me this morning.

I'm sorry your GP was rubbish after your CP Carnat. I feel lucky I have such an understanding dr.
x

im so sorry to hear this hun, I had a mmc in june at 12weeks. I think any loss is hard no matter how long u knew u were pregnant for. big hugs :hugs: xx

Yeah, I didn't think they would scan me because it was so early. I literally just went to the dr's for advice really so I was surprised when she called me to tell me she wanted me to go for a scan. I know there's nothing there- I'm not bleeding properly like a period but I keep passing clots when I go to the loo and the negative test confirmed it for me this morning.

I'm sorry your GP was rubbish after your CP Carnat. I feel lucky I have such an understanding dr.
x

The EPU were fantastic with me in May (that is probably where you will have your scan) so I can't fault them.

Also mine happened over a weekend making the timing not so great to see my GP.

A scan will just confirm all is well internally and everything has passed, meaning you can try again as soon as you feel up to it.

Keep well hun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(((hugs)))

Sorry for your loss hunni xxxx

Thank you for all your kind comments. I feel much better this evening. The cramping is not as bad now, if anything I feel a bit heavy/bruised inside and I think that might be from the internal. I'm still not actually bleeding- I have watery brown blood but only enough to warrant a panty liner. I'm still passing clots when I go to the loo though- I didn't expect so many clotty things (sorry, so disgusting) I just thought I would have a heavy period type thing.
I feel a bit more normal in my head now though. I think hormones, shock and severe lack of sleep had turned me into a bit of an emotional wreck.
My husband has been amazing though and I feel so lucky to have him.

Hi R,
So sorry to read this :( M/C is traumatic no matter what stage it happens at, you build up your hopes and dreams, and then have it all taken away in an instant, it is natural to cry and feel down! Hormones definitely play a part in how you feel too, mine are all over the place at the moment!! Glad to hear you have a supportive hubby :) I think that makes all the difference when dealing with m/c. I had my m/c diagnosed at 12 wk scan (had little or no clue about it!!), then it happened on 13.10.11. I only bled lightly for about 5 days after, and have no bleeding whatsoever now. Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

So sorry for your loss Karolina- I can't imagine how devastating it must be to find out at your scan, for that I feel lucky it happened so early on. I feel much more ok about it now. I'll just be glad when it's all over.
x

aww, glad to hear you are feeling better :). It does get easier with time, but be kind to yourself, and allow yourself to grieve coz it is a loss at the end of the day. xx

A loss is hard at any stage hun, so glad your docs have taken you seriously and been supportive. take care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back