Early Labour / The Waiting Game

Soozee

Reaction score
Was about to go into hospital today, cuz I've had terrible pains and contractions since Monday night. Luckily I phoned the midwife from the car, cuz she said not to come in as I am only showing signs of very early labour. I was panicked because I didn't know why I had menstrual type cramps going on in pelvis. Midwife said its cervix thinning out in prep for labour, or something like that. So panic over, we drove home instead of to the hospital.

Now I am just sitting around the house waiting. Enjoying the pains that come on, because it means I am closer to the baby being born! Hope contractions start for real soon. Not 5 minutes apart yet though, so no dialiting yet.

At last scan 3 weeks ago, baby already weighed 8 lbs inside me! Bit scary size to push out, if I can. Dont like thinking about going overdue!

Ooooh hun i hope this is it for you! It may be braxton hicks contractions, so keep timing them!
Good luck honey!! :hug: :hug:

I hope it comes soon, for your sake..good luck

Soozee said:
At last scan 3 weeks ago, baby already weighed 8 lbs inside me! Bit scary size to push out, if I can. Dont like thinking about going overdue!

HEHE, yeah they said my baby weighted 8lb 6 at my scan on the 19th oct, gave birth on 30th oct and she was 11lb 2....sorry to scare you though lol. But i was 5 days overdue, if i can push that out of me i'm sure you can do it :hug:

Hopefully baby will make an appearence soon though :cheer:

I've been having very similar twinges to you Soozee - period type cramps lower down in my abdomen and then last night some pains in my lower back. Thought it was the start of something, but seems to have disappeared for now. Hope the wait isn't too much longer for either of us!!

thats exactly what i have been getting..its almost like our bodies are teasing us :shakehead:

Awww! Have you tried going for a nice long walk and everything else hun?

i have tried everything :(
oh well at least its a week tomorrow untill my induction if nothing happens before :dance:

Eblinx said:
oh well at least its a week tomorrow untill my induction if nothing happens before :dance:

Just noticed your ticker hun... 3 days overdue now.
You must be getting so frustrated :hug: xx

Eblinx said:

Well the way you need to think about it is in less than a fortnight your LO will be here!

now im confused..i thought i had lost my plug before..but i think i lost it today..seriously though..should there be soo much (sorry tmi)..seriously..i could put that in a pan and cook it for me and DH tonight..it keeps coming :doh:

Well it's all good, as it's a sign of things are coming along nicely (well maybe not so nicely) but you know what i mean!

Well i feel shit..i feel like im on my period :rotfl:
something has got to happen soon :wall: :wall:

go on a mad one Eblinx and blitz everything in your house so your body thinks your nesting :rotfl:

No way..i have done the ironing..thats enough for me..i cant drag myself away from my pc :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm still waiting for the nesting attack to happen :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back