Due dates- delivery and genetics?

Pregnot

Reaction score
I'm convinced i won't make it to 40 weeks - like most first time
Mums no doubt

However when I checked my mum had me and my 2 brothers we were all 2-3 weeks early

Can this mean I might have mine early too - she had no underlying health problems all natural labour and deliveries

Does genetics play a part in when you go into labour?

i thought noah was guna arrive yesterday... im due monday and still nothing! dont think ill be going early.

My mums had 4 kids and all of us were 2 weeks late! so if we do follow our mums i might aswell sit back for another fortnight lol!!! x

Oh I hope so but I don't think it makes a difference - I've asked this question before to my midwife! My mam was around 3 days either side when having all three of us which is fine by me I just really don't want to be induced!!! Xx

Awww hope he comes tonight now as a fab suprise!!

hmmm I do wonder whether there is any science to it? I mean if baby comes when they are
Ready then what determines when they are ready - do they feel ready? I don't know
Wish I was a doctor

i no.. cos back 20yrs ago when my mum had my little brother he was born 17days late!!
they dont even let u go that far now!? xx

I wonder this. You follow the maternal side for weights etc, because that depends on how your placenta functions and therefore the size the baby gets (apparently).

I think it's quite common to follow the women with how the labour goes too, eg all of the women in my family have always had quick births so I hope that means I do.

Following that logic I reckon it might have an impact? I've been convinced all along this baby is coming a week late. Guess we'll find out in 2 months...!!!

By the way, this forum always follows up with the opposite result to what "research" (ie magazine articles-very scientific haha) says, so I think it just attracts the anomalies here ;-) (of course, if they support what you wanted to hear, disregard that, ha!)

ooo I hope so! My mum had 3 short labours was 3 weeks early on 1st 2 weeks early on 2nd and 1 week early on me :D xx

haha interesting - well also where does the 40 weeks come into it??

When are you actually supposed to give birth?

I don't think so, my nan had 7 children. 4 girls. They all had different deliveries and early/late.

I'm a pessimist, so I think everyone should just imagine their due date is at 42 weeks. If the baby comes sooner then it's a bonus!

I'm coming up 34 weeks now but I have it ingrained that I have 8 weeks to go.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

haha interesting - well also where does the 40 weeks come into it??

When are you actually supposed to give birth?

40 weeks is just an average. I think anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks is normal. I'm pretty sure some countries let you get past 42 weeks.

----------------

gosh giz if I were 34 weeks I'd b thinking 3 weeks to go haha patience is not a quality of mine

My Mum has 4 kids and we were all late (by between 7 and 2 days)

I had James 9 days late and my sis has had both of her's late (they were both 2 days late)

However I am in huge disagreement with the whole "due date" as it gives women false hope. I was fine until I hit my EDD then I was a crazy woman lol.

If we have another we'll say we are due early, mid or late in the month

xxxxxx

gosh giz if I were 34 weeks I'd b thinking 3 weeks to go haha patience is not a quality of mine

Haha...you will go crazy if you think like that!!!

----------------

I'm not sure. My mum had me 3 days early, my brother 7 days early and my youngest brother on his due date. I'm hoping I may be a few days early!!

In my antenatal class today, our teacher read out some true/false facts about likelihood of going overdue and we assumed they were nearly all false, but actually they were all true. You're more likely to be over 40 weeks if you are white, Asian women tend to have shorter pregnancies on average. Statistically boys are more likely to be overdue than girls and women who are tall are more likely to have a longer pregnancy. Though obviously just because you're tall and having a boy, doesn't mean you'll definitely be late. Was interesting to hear though.

I'll just be different!
My mum had 3, one bang on due date, one 2 days late (me) and one 10 days late.
I on the other half had my little boy 18 days early!

I'm not sure. My mum had me 3 days early, my brother 7 days early and my youngest brother on his due date. I'm hoping I may be a few days early!!

In my antenatal class today, our teacher read out some true/false facts about likelihood of going overdue and we assumed they were nearly all false, but actually they were all true. You're more likely to be over 40 weeks if you are white, Asian women tend to have shorter pregnancies on average. Statistically boys are more likely to be overdue than girls and women who are tall are more likely to have a longer pregnancy. Though obviously just because you're tall and having a boy, doesn't mean you'll definitely be late. Was interesting to hear though.

lmao great!

IM 6FT AND EXPECTING A BOY ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're not still waiting at 42 weeks Babyslog!!

I thought all along that I would be early with Max, my mum had 3 of us, 4,5 and 6 weeks early but all decent sizes so it was like her body realised she wouldn't be able to manage so went into labour. I asked my midwife if it was likely this would happen to me and she said no, I had more chance of going overdue than following my mum. I thought otherwise and was right, max was 3 weeks early (arrived bang on 37+1) and weighed 7lb 6oz xxx

i was 2 weeks early, my brothers were late by days, my DD was late by 4 days but i was convinced shed be early so i wouldnt hold my breath this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back