Due dates- delivery and genetics?

I was 2 weeks early and my brother was a week. My son was 3 days early. So really hope this one will be x

I was two weeks late and in fact mum was induced and I still didn't budge so was c section. :-/ then my brother was c section too. So no idea what labour I should expect. I really hope I'm not late and induced though. Mostly because I'll miss my bro's wedding!!!
Fx the genetics don't occur! I'll be 10 days early please! :) That's my prediction xx

I was asking my mum yesterday about her experiences with my brother and I.
Although born two years apart we were both exactly 6lbs13oz and 52cm long. Her doctor said it was like giving birth to twins two years apart!
She had her waters broken for her for both of us, then a 45minute labour with my brother and a 3-4hour labour with me.
I was one day after my due date and brother was bang on his.

All in all, both smallish babies, on time, quick labours.

Fingers crossed for genetics!!!

haha interesting - well also where does the 40 weeks come into it??

When are you actually supposed to give birth?

40 weeks is just an average. I think anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks is normal. I'm pretty sure some countries let you get past 42 weeks.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

This is exactly how I thought of it! Too many people expect baby to pop out on dd - but like its been said its an average, there is no "early/late"

That being said I was convinced I would end up late and induced but Aaron arrived at 36 weeks :lol:

Awww I can't wait - interesting to hear that there aren't as many similarities as I would have thought though

il keep telling myself 37 weeks and that keeps me going ;)

Dont think it does! I was born at 28 weeks! My son was born at 39 weeks! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Hope so! Mum had me a week early at 5lb!

And my brother 2 weeks early! If my little man is a week early also, he will be born on my birthday! :) but hopefully a bit more than 5lb! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Bare in mind you have half your fathers genes as well. My mums sure I must take after dads side when it comes to kids.

She had two c-sections due to not dilating far enough. Really struggled with milk production afterwards. (Births were induced so dunno about Edd)

Yet I had a very easy natural birth, and had a HUGE over supply of milk. Meaning I bf for almost a year.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I have a feeling I will be early, it's probably wishful thinking but I've thought it from quite early.
My sister was bang on time and I was 10 days early, no woman in my family has ever gone over EDD and neither has my oh's family so fingers crossed I won't either :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back