Due date and a sweep :)

Our body's love trying to trick us don't they!! Hopefully we will both get to meet our baby's soon :) xx

Aww Bbybump16 did you have any cramp after as well? These cramps are quite painful and would hate it to be for nothing!

Charlotte it might be different where you are but I see midwife normally on a Thursday, she offered to do me a sweep this Thursday so would of been 40+3 or gave me the option to have it done at hospital at exactly 40w (today) so I chose today (sooner the better!) and because I chose hospital they do my normal check up so no need to see midwife again now til after baby is here! Have another sweep booked next mon then every two days after that if still no baby xx

i asked mw today and she didnt offer me a sweep on my due date up the hospital which is no surprise to be honest because i have found her completely useless throughout the entire pregnancy!! lol she just said yes she will be doin a sweep if i wanted one on my next app on the 6th and il be 40 weeks +2 then . i wonder if i ring the hospital they would do it for me on my due date then?? and im due to see mw again at 41 weeks if baby still isnt here so how come you dont have to see mw again now? are all your sweeps now booked in with the hospital then? i asked her when the next sweep would be if the first one didnt work n she just said 41 weeks, so i take it they do one every two days after that then? or is again different areas? sorry so many questions my mw is crap and tells me nothin lol xx

Aww Bbybump16 did you have any cramp after as well? These cramps are quite painful and would hate it to be for nothing!

Charlotte it might be different where you are but I see midwife normally on a Thursday, she offered to do me a sweep this Thursday so would of been 40+3 or gave me the option to have it done at hospital at exactly 40w (today) so I chose today (sooner the better!) and because I chose hospital they do my normal check up so no need to see midwife again now til after baby is here! Have another sweep booked next mon then every two days after that if still no baby xx

i asked mw today and she didnt offer me a sweep on my due date up the hospital which is no surprise to be honest because i have found her completely useless throughout the entire pregnancy!! lol she just said yes she will be doin a sweep if i wanted one on my next app on the 6th and il be 40 weeks +2 then . i wonder if i ring the hospital they would do it for me on my due date then?? and im due to see mw again at 41 weeks if baby still isnt here so how come you dont have to see mw again now? are all your sweeps now booked in with the hospital then? i asked her when the next sweep would be if the first one didnt work n she just said 41 weeks, so i take it they do one every two days after that then? or is again different areas? sorry so many questions my mw is crap and tells me nothin lol xx

Just posted a new thread hun, baby arrived at 8.33 this morning so sweep worked :)

Yeah it's worth a call to see if they will. When I came into the birth centre last night to be assessed, i mentioned id had a sweep and this midwife actually said that they wouldn't of done one till 41 weeks at the earliest (different hospital)! Strange how they all follow different rules but when I first came in I was still only 2cm so she done another for me there and then - that must of done the trick because I was 5cm 4 hours later!
Didn't have to see midwife again because I'd opted for the earlier sweep at the hospital and they just did my normal check up at the same time and booked me in for next Monday then would of been every other day after that until baby made an appearance! Luckily its all done and dusted now :) xx

i know, just seen, she is beautiful well done you!! :D xx :dance:

oohh i see so my hosp might not do it then, will ring and find out thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back