Due date and a sweep :)

L2310

Reaction score
Today is my due date and this morning i had a sweep :) it didn't hurt in the slightest and she said I'm easily 2cm. She felt head straight away and could feel the lines on the skull? She also said head is really low down and cervix is very thin, favourable and 85% there! She was shocked I'd not had any pains and reckons it'l be within a week and I shouldn't need to be induced - fingers crossed!

Ever since I had it done I've been having cramps on and off quite a bit more noticeable than the mild ones I've been having over the last few weeks, is that normal? Don't wanna get my hopes up! Also I haven't lost any plug yet but she thinks il probably lose some tonight. How successful are sweeps?! xx

Haven't ever had one so I can't be very helpful here but wanted to say congrats, sounds like things are going in the right direction. I think they say you can go in to labour between 24-48 hours after a sweep so it won't necessarily happen right away x

in my area you cant have a sweep until your over 41 weeks, how come its different in different areas lol! Im not having a sweep but still i don't get why lol, and sweeps can be really effective for some women and do nothing for others, so wait and see :) xx

Thanks girls :) here they do them at 40 weeks, 41 weeks and then every two days after that, obviously its optional but when my midwife asked I was like yes please!!! Anything to avoid being induced - I really want my water birth! Silly how they have different rules for different areas though I agree.

Cramps have gotten quite strong over the last hour or so, last one had me stop in my tracks! Not getting too excited though I've read so many story's where it stops as quick as it starts :( xx

I think they say that 50% are successful. More succesful the more favourable you are. Sounds like you are extremely favourable...unlike me lol!It looks like you wont be long at all hun xx

Really pleased for you hun xxx

Aww thanks hun - fingers crossed your little man will be here ASAP! Xx

Sounds promising, get walking, do stairs and bounce on the ball. Your cervix has done a lot of the hard work by softening, thinnng and starting to dilate. Fingers crossed it won't be long. Try a bit of rumpy pumpy. lol

Haha! Will try and convince OH but it'l take alot - I had to beg him last week lol. Been bouncing on ball and gonna go for a walk tonight! Eek this is getting scary :eek: hehe xx

ooooh this sounds promising!! Great cervix news! ha!
fx for a labour thread soon! x

I've heard they're 50% effective, but whose to say you wouldn't of gone into labour without one anyway!? All sounds quite promising though, hope it doesn't take long :) xxx

Laura Laura Laura i'm sooooo excited for you hahaha i think i'm building my hopes up for you haha. You have to keep me updated!!! Even text me through the night i dont mind at all!!! Come on Little Lady we are dying to meet you!!! Im so excited to start your labour thread!! Xxx

Today is my due date and this morning i had a sweep :) it didn't hurt in the slightest and she said I'm easily 2cm. She felt head straight away and could feel the lines on the skull? She also said head is really low down and cervix is very thin, favourable and 85% there! She was shocked I'd not had any pains and reckons it'l be within a week and I shouldn't need to be induced - fingers crossed!

Ever since I had it done I've been having cramps on and off quite a bit more noticeable than the mild ones I've been having over the last few weeks, is that normal? Don't wanna get my hopes up! Also I haven't lost any plug yet but she thinks il probably lose some tonight. How successful are sweeps?! xx

im so glad some one has posted about this as i really dont wanna be induced either so il mither the midwife for sweeps come my due date lol i heard they werent pleasant at all but seeing your thread as made me want one before my due date!! lol it sounds really promisin your 2 cm dilated, in another 2 cm you will be in active labour !! sorry im gettin my hopes up for ya cuz this is what id be like if midwife told me i was 2 cm at a sweep lol come on baby! :D xx

Yippeee! Happy due date :D And good luck for labour xxx

Aww thanks everyone!! Its soooo exciting!!

Haha Nichola I will text you all the updates as and when they happen :) still getting the cramp on and off every 20 mins or so but like I say not getting too excited in case it fizzles out - it could even last for days like this.

Lol Charlotte honestly she gave me this big talk first about how as its my first and I'm not technically overdue yet its likely I wouldn't be dilated in the slightest and she wouldn't be able to do it so I was so happy when she said straight away 'oh I can feel the head!' She was really enthusiastic and convinced its gonna happen soon as cervix is really thin for only being 2cm :) it really didn't hurt in the slightest, I wouldn't even say it was uncomfortable - I'd heard mixed opinions so spent most of this morning worrying!! So excited! Defo get the sweep its worth the try! Xx

I had a sweep Monday on my due date I was 2cms she said she could feel her head ... But nothing happened for me :( my cervix was really short to

Hope yours works

aww brill news all round ! :D just read on a couple of birth stories sweeps werent pleasant and uncomfy so i was worryin...
do you have a sweep on your 40 wk app then? and how often after that? xx

Aww Bbybump16 did you have any cramp after as well? These cramps are quite painful and would hate it to be for nothing!

Charlotte it might be different where you are but I see midwife normally on a Thursday, she offered to do me a sweep this Thursday so would of been 40+3 or gave me the option to have it done at hospital at exactly 40w (today) so I chose today (sooner the better!) and because I chose hospital they do my normal check up so no need to see midwife again now til after baby is here! Have another sweep booked next mon then every two days after that if still no baby xx

I had cramps and Iv had a really really tight belly , I get constant period pain now but no proper painful contractions .. Lost my plug or a bit of it the day after aswell x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back