Due date today - Sweep later! *Updated and question*

jools02

Reaction score
Happy due date to me!

I'm having a sweep at lunchtime, never had one before so don't quite know what to expect but I'm not getting my hopes up on it working. I'll come back and update you all when I get back!

UPDATE** Ok, so I went and saw midwife and she had a good poke and was NOT gentle about it! She said my cervix was a only a little bit open but was nicely thin, she could feel bubs head but she couldn't quite do a sweep and we would try again next week. :roll: If that fails I will be induced at 41+12.

She said I should expect a bit of blood when I wipe but I was just standing there making Sean a sandwich and felt a bit of a gush, went to the loo and had quite a bit of bright red blood which had gone through my knickers and down my legs - more than I expected. I've got a pad on now just in case but it seems to be stopping. For those ladies that have had sweeps - is this pretty normal?

happy due date hun!!!

Hope your sweep goes ok, mine was fine yesterday :) Im hoping it works for us both :hug: :hug: :hug:

Happy due date to you
happy due date to you :cheer:

Happy due date to you, happy due date to you, happy due to to yooouuu....Hope your sweep goes well too! :cheer:

HAPPY DUE DATE :D :cheer:
And good luck witht he sweep hope it dose the trick :pray:
sarah :hug: :wave:

Happy due date hunnie! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I don't know if the bleeding is normal (never had a sweep) but I suppose if MW said to expect a bit it prob is. I hope it worked for you. :D

I think I would phone them and ask what level of blood is to be expected. A 'gush' sounds like quite a lot. They are there to put your mind at rest and amswer these questions.

I hope your sweep works! :hug: :cheer:

I've had 2 sweeps with my previous pregnancies and only ever had a small amount of blood afterwards, not enough to run down my legs. If I were you I'd ring midwife and ask her!

Thanks for your replies girls, I'm not too worried now as it seems to have stopped. I was just a bit startled as I didn't expect that much, just a bit of spotting. If I get any more then I will ring. She did have a good old prod about (it bloody hurt) so that may be why there was a bit more than normal.

I feel a bit deflated now because I was so looking forward to being able to have a successful sweep. I think I built myself up a bit too much. Oh well never mind.

happy due date! :dance: i didnt bleed after my sweep, just lost some bloody plug :D

Happy due date! hope things start moving for you soon :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back