Happy Due Date to Me!

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
Well I've reached my due date which I'm pleased about after having a premature birth first time around.

Saw the consultant this morning, she gave me a sweep and said I was 1cm so things are slowly started to get ready for labour.

Midwife has just been around though and she said sweeps aren't that effective when you're just at term :( , they're better a few days after term. Anybody got any stories to contradict that? She's going to do another sweep next Thursday if baby hasn't arrived by then.

Otherwise, I have an induction booked in for a week on Wednesday.

happy due date hun :cheer:
hope things start happening soon

Happy Due Date :cheer:

1cm sounds promising, no idea about sweeps being less effective at term but I'm sure if the cervix has started dilating then a sweep would move things along. Hope things start to happen soon :hug:

Happy due date! Hope things start happening for you soon. Can't wait to find out what you have xxx

:cheer: Happy DD I had a sweep yesterday at 38+6 as my cervix was faviourable my consultant seemed tlo suggest as long as your body is ready its ok to do :think: Maybe its just just depends on individual professional opinion?

happy due date hun hope things happen soon for you xxxxxxx

Happy due date hun!! :D :cheer: Woo hoo! Hope baby doesn't keep you waiting for too long!

The sweep has a good chance of working because you're 1cm dilated already, surely?! xx

Oh thats great considering your last early labour :cheer: You must be so relieved. You are on the home straight now! Loads of luck, c'mon cervix do your stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back