Drs!!

Drummers_wife

Reaction score
Decided if af turns up this month I'm off to the drs!!
I've been off pill a year and actively trying for 7 mnths! I know it could jus be timing issues blaa blaa but I'm getting really down with it and think it's time for action!!
I'm 25 and hubby is 44 (45 in oct)!

The question is what do I ask about when I go?
Thyroid?
Rubella?
Cycle day bloods?
Sperm tests?
STI tests?

I don't know what you ask about first??
Any ideas and tips greatly appreciated x x especially from the long term girlies x x

hi they will want to know if af is regular wil prob do 21 day bloods to see if your ov
really you wont have to ask anything just explain thats what i did
then they will run through things with you hope that helps xxx

When I first went to my gp I just explained that we had been trying for a long time and nothing is happening (exaggerated how long we had been trying tho) then she went through some history on my cycle etc she then arranged for me to have bloods tested and for DH to have a sperm sample.

Try not to worry about all the different things to ask about just keep it simple and the doctor should take it from there for you.

Good luck xx

I think that you are better off not asking them about anything too specific at first because not only might you threaten their "authority" but you might come across as one of those irrational impatient hypochondriacs :whistle:

Which might be what you are, but you don't want them to know that ;)

I suggest going in and simply listing your symptoms, ie not being pregnant after 12 months of timed intercourse and letting the doctor tell you what they think and only hitting them with facts and figures if they talk a load of bs :)

I would exaggerate slightly and say you have been ttc for the full 12 months since you came off the pill, but i guess you can't exaggerate more than that.

You are entitled to diagnositics as soon as you hit the 12 month mark according the Nhs website so maybe take a copy of it with you just incase.

Oh, and take hubby with you too :)

Thanx girls!! I came off the pill in may 2010 so I'll probs have to leave it maybe another month :(
If af turns up on the 19th I'll be entering month 8 officially so I'll go then!

I'm not a loon jus yet LouiseB but I think I'm getting there all this waiting is driving me crazy x

Hey lou *waves* I'd def go to drs if I were u. At least you will feel like ur doing something, plus my doc said usually as soon as she starts doing 21 day bloods ppl get pregnant lol! It's happened to me twice!

I'm not a loon jus yet LouiseB

Oh, i wasn't trying to imply you was weird.

I went to the doctors after 5 months ttc lol :)

Look where i ended up. I totally advocate going to the doctors asap.

Last edited:
It's cool Lou I was only teasing :D :p

Think I'll have to go by myself first as hubby works 9-5 but I'll have to see if I can possibly get a late appointment for us both to go x

Laura - hope everything going ok with you and lil bean x

Lou- so far so good as far as I know just stupid spd already :-( work not happy! We have to do lunch again very soon x

Your work is never bloomin happy so no change there!!
Yeah I'll let ya know when I get my shifts to see when I'll be free x

hi drummers wife
i'm in same boat as you as me and OH having been ttc for 9 months now and nothings happened, i'm 38 on sunday and OH is also 45 in oct, time isnt on our side as were older. I booked an appointment to see gp on weds as i came off the pill in aug last year after being on it for 9 years.

Ohh babystar are you going on ur own or with hubby??
You'll have to keep me posted with what they say?!
I'm young but hubby isn't an that plays on my mind x

hi drummers wife
OH is going with me, but we've already got 5 kids between us oldest one is nearly 15 and youngest nearly 10, but we want a baby of our own. Every month we think this is it but then AF turns up and i feel as if its never going to happen, i'll defo keep you posted, just worried they will find that theres something wrong with me. One thing that worries me why i'm not pregnant yet is that i'm on medication for overactive thyroid, high blood pressure and caliucm defecency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back