Results

BUGGY82

Reaction score
We just got back from the docs with results of my 21 day bloods, which was normal and OH sperm analysis, not brilliant. Although she didn't really explain them all that well and from what I've read on forums they don't seem to be as detailed as other peoples.

So this is what we have;
Slight Viscosity
38 Density
30% Motility
Poor/Fair Progression
1% Normal Forms
Then they've put -'s through Round Cells, agglutination and a x next to Debris

Can anyone help me out on what these mean please?

They want another sample to double check which we can't do for another month as we're off to the states for a month from next week so have to wait till we get back to do it again which is going to wreck our heads as just want to know if were going to have problems :(

Any help you ladies can offer will be really appreciated as I know a lot of you have done these tests too.

Thanks x

I got an example sheet of what's 'normal' I'll dig it out n put it on here for you.

<copied answer i gave in other section>

Hmm, they seem to be in a different format to my hubby's results, if the result literally stated all that you listed then yes they don't seem to be as detailed as my hubby's results.

My husbands results have a list that says:

Time specimen produce:
Time specimen examined:
Volume mL:
Viscosity:
pH:
W.H.O score 1 (%):
W.H.O score 2 (%):
W.H.O score 3 (%):
W.H.O score 4 (%):
Total Concentration M/mL:
Motile Concentration M/mL:
Active Concentration M/mL:

And then there i a reference at the bottom so you can see what the results mean.

Then there is a summary at the bottom which states the medical terms affecting the sperm like "oligospermia".

Based on what you were told in your results i think it sounds pretty bad personally, 1% normal forms can't be good, and the fact that they are doing a repeat test implies the results are so bad that they probably mean you need assisted conception.

Although i am just specualting. I think that if someone gets a decent result that they don't send them for repeat tests.

Last edited:
I have no idea what your results mean hun, all I can offer is massive hugs. :hug:

Shit now I'm scared

Oh sorry :blush:

The info you gave isn't very accurate so i'm just trying to have a guess based on my husbands results... did you get no measurements in M/mL?

I'm know it's scary, my hubby got crap results too, i don't really know what to suggest other than to phone your doctor to get it clarified.

Don't ask for their opinion, my husband came out skipping thinking his results were alright based on his doctors opinion :roll:, just ask for a number for the fertility clinic that did the tests so you can discuss them in more detail with someone who knows.

Just checked - the normal is 30% or greater normal forms but at the very least he should have 15%... a sperm cell that doesn't have normal form can't fertilise the egg and with only 1% you'd probably be looking at ICSI IVF like me and my husband.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back