Drinking when trying to conceive

KR

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if drinking a lot of alcohol palys a part in not being able to conceive?

hi there, i cant speak from personal experience but i have a friend who drinks like a fish and she is that fertile she only has to look at someone and she is pregnant (ya know the kind of friend ya need when your trying to conceive). I recently went to see my doctor and he did advise me against drinking if i was trying to conceive as obviously it isnt good for the baby when you do but not sure if it would make you less able to concieve or not.

It can sometimes play a part when you are trying for a baby but the odd drink or one a day won't cause too much damage! As long as you are not going though a bottle of wine a night then I wouldn't say don't drink at all. Even when pregnant you are allowed the odd drink!

that's one of the questions i'd like to know the answer to! i enjoy a drink after work (at home) I usually drink rose wine throu the week but at weekends i enjoy a few bombay gin and tonic's. I would say i go throu about 3 to 4 bottles of wine between sunday night and thursday night (try not to drink spirits when i've got to get up for work - i do a lot of driving). The last month i've not been drinking thrugh the week at all, but i feel lost without a glass in my hand.... i must be honest.. i do feel a little better... BUT i'm still not pregnant. I have a friend who doesn't drink much through the week but come the weekend she binge drinks and yep.. she's pregnant (she doesn't drink now she's pregnant) So what is the recomended allowance?

I know your allowed around 2 glasses of wine a week when your pregnant (or soemthing like that) But I don't think i'd feel comfortable drinking at all.

i normally have about 2 cans of lager a night and only have a really good sesh about once or twice a month. i also smoke when i drink but i dont smoke during the day. i have heard this also contributes to conception problems but its all that keeps me sane when i'm worrying about everything, although if i think about it, i may not be having these problems if i stopped. it's a vicious cirle really!!

My problem is that my husband drinks a lot. I've read that drinking affects the sperm. His brother drinks quite a bit too and he and his wife seem to just have to look at each other to get pregnant! Anyone know anything about men's drinking and fertility?

yes i have heard that drinking affects a mans fertility, not to mention ability to perform!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back