Are we fit enough?

Dippy

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone saw the BBC news article today about couples who are finding it hard to conceive?? The survey reckons that 2/3 of those trying to conceive still drink alcohol and 4 in 10 people smoke. I will admit to enjoying the occasional glass of wine (am I the only one?!) but have tried to live a 'healthier' life since ttc and neither myself or OH smoke. Apparently one in seven couples will not conceive straight away - so we are not alone. From reading the forum, guess we already knew that!!

Since we decided to start trying for a baby we have changed our lifestyles completely. Neither of us smoked anyway, but we have both stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine and we have improved our diet and started excercising a lot more. Whether it speeds up conception or not I don't know, but we feel a lot healthier for it!!!!

Hi

I heard this also on the radio. What made me laugh is..... many people I know who have had babys recently smoke, drink a few times a week, don't exercise and basically live a normal adult life! Since trying I stopped smoking (although I only smoked when I went out drinking), I cut my alchol limit down to just the odd glass at weekends. I cut my caffeine down by drinking herbal tea through the day. The bag of crisps I used to eat for breakfats have been swopped for fruit. I'm eating at least 5 fruit and veg a day, trying to leave the car at home and walk a little more and guess what..... i'm still not pregnant!

Good luck to anyone trying what ever method your using!

I'm still drinking, but taking it easy, especially in the 2WW. Also cutting back on caffeine. I stopped smoking recently and it has completely messed up my cycle, which now lasts 7 weeks! I think I had more chance when I smoked. Anyone else heard of stopping smoking having a negative impact?

yep I saw that on GMTV and I was curious - I can understand the healthy eating and diet thing having an affect but so many women [and their blokes] still smoke and drink and go on to have babies without a problem.. I think these factors [diet and smoking, drinking etc] combined with age do become an issue for us ttc but I remember my mum smoking and drinking wine throughout her pregnancies with my brother and sister and she never had a problem or any m/c.

so.... I think we just have to try our best to be healthy for ourselves as much as ttc...

:?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back