Dressing newborn in summer

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by fcroxy, Aug 23, 2016.

1. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Anyone else struggling to know how to dress their newborn in this weather? The weather is constantly changing and temperature dropping/rising, that Im constantly changing the layers indias wearing. One day she's in just a vest and a few days later she's in a sleepsuit and vest. She's got a bit of a cough and snotty nose the last 3-4 days and I'm guessing its down to the change in weather most days. Hows everyone dressing their LOs? My first born was a winter baby so was much easier to know how to dress lol x

2. Alrm198

Alrm198 Well-Known Member

My 8 w/o DD is a little hot water bottle like her Dad so most days she is in a short sleeve body suit with leggings and socks. If we go out during the day I add a thin top to keep her temp level and take a thin blanket to add if needs be. Today she is in a short sleeve romper suit and socks as we are staying in and the house is quite warm. On a night she is in a sleeveless body suit and a 1 tog sleeping bag. But when it cooled off the other night to about 19oC she slept in long sleeve sleep suit and 1 tog sleeping bag.

HTH :)

3. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

On hot days we're using rompers, on colder days vest and trousers with T-shirt and/or cardigan as well if needed.

4. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Been struggling with the constant change in temperature x

5. Kiagirl

Kiagirl Well-Known Member

My LO was a July baby, most days it was a vest only but if colder she would wear a thin dress on to, I also had leggings and T shirts for colder days but never wore those little hats as it was just too warm!

She had a little belt thin fleeced blanket but most of the time I covered her with a muslin as it was boiling but I don't like to sleep
    Without a cover lol X

6. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

Lol I put muslins on too when she's napping instead of a blanket as I hate sleeping without one too, just doesn't feel right! X

7. Kitten1991

Kitten1991 Well-Known Member

on really hot days around the house my little lady has just been in a short sleeved vest or if its super super hot just a nappy with a soft blanket under her.

on the cooler days/evenings i have put her in a sleep suit but without a vest.

I am just gutted because i have so many pretty outfits and she has hardly worn them.

She is now 4 months old.